UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Definitely seems like that is the case. My son poured his heart and soul into the essay knowing that was the only thing he could do while on the waitlist. Hearing of people who left the question blank and getting off the waitlist has been discouraging as he continues to wait.

3 Likes

@Gumbymom have u heard of any movement within herb alpert? specifically for music industry?

1 Like

Sorry, I have not heard of any admits but I do not check all social media sites and you have to remember not all admits will post anywhere.

I don’t really agree on that. So far 3 kids from our school who got off the WL from UCLA and they all submitted the LOCI and 1st semester of 12th grade.
Other UC don’t have this option for the waitlist students this year, only UCLA does. This is the best way to show the AO why they should consider you among others. Son got WL from UCSD, UCI and UCR, but we only have best luck from UCLA this time. Son also got off from UW (Pre-science, he applied for CS), he also sent email to AO. Our understanding is, if they said DO NOT SEND, then pls don’t send anything because they don’t bother to read it. But if they didn’t say so, just send AO an email to show your continue interest, he did that for UW. He also got off WL from UMich Ross, they have option for LOCI, and he did submit one.

1 Like

I know of three who got off the WL this year and they all submitted LOCIs they worked very hard on.

2 Likes

I know of several others who wrote one line of text or submitted a copy of their common app essay. There is a strong argument for the LOCI being a binary - did you submit something or not - thing. All thoughts and comments here are speculation.

2 Likes

I am wondering with June 1 being the transfer commit date, might this open up waitlist spots for regular admission or will those only be for transfer

Transfers and Freshman waitlisted students are in different pools so neither impacts the other.

Anyone get off the waitlist for human bio and society

1 Like

very nice, congratulations on getting off so many WLs! would you be ok to share the stats - major / state / demographics?

I start to become hopeless for the school of engineering as an american coming from an international school.I feel like most of those who are admitted off the waitlist are in state.no?

1 Like

VWMom wrote “We were just told that the School of Engineering has hit their target numbers and don’t anticipate extending offers to those on the waitlist.”
However they haven’t sent me the rejection yet. I am still on the waitlist.

1 Like

Yes, instate and OOS

They may wait to send rejections to all candidates at the same time even though Engineering says they are done. Letters and Science is still admitting a rare applicant here and there. I would move on as best as you can.

Yep, especially if you are international student there’s zero chance. Better to move on.

Sure. He played sport for 4 years and team captain, and organized activities for his school’s Asian Cultural Festivals. He did summer intern at County Assessor Office. He had 13 APs. 4.44 for weighted GPA. 4.0 GPA for 1st semester of 12th grade which he submitted with his LOCI. Major in Ling&CS, in-state.

Is UCLA still planning any further waves for waitlist students? Has UCLA Engineering really hit their numbers and closed their waitlist, or still expecting some movement?

Also there was some talk earlier about UCLA and other UC’s offering some additional in-state acceptances (~3k additional in-state across UC’s) - did that happen already?

Until the actual admission numbers are posted, only admissions knows for sure if the increase in activity was due to more spots available because of the in-state goal of additional students or if the UC’s under admitted due to over enrollment issues the last few years and used the waitlist to fill in gaps.

I just called and talked to UCLA. They confirmed that they have not hit target numbers for any major, including School of Engineering, and they will continue to accept students through July.

9 Likes