UCLA Nursing

<p>@UCLAnursing would you mind posting your stats? :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Hi! I am very interested in going to UCLA as a nursing student but I’m worried about getting in. I’m currently a sophomore with pretty good grades and extracurriculars(I posted my stats in one of my threads). What were your grades liked high school and how difficult was it to get into the ucla nursing program?</p>

<p>UCLA School of Nursing is having an information session followed by a campus tour on Saturday, Nov.1, 2014 from 11 am - 1 pm.</p>

<p>On their website, it states that last year they accepted only 40 in-state undergraduate students out of 1940 applications. We went to the info session last year. They emphasized that hundreds of very qualified applicants are turned away each year. Also, they said they are only funded to take a limited number of undergrad students. But, their faculty numbers seem to be adequate to support more undergrad students to matriculate. My impression was that the nursing program was more geared towards faculty research [helps to raise their standing in the US News & World Report rankings] and graduate education than educating undergrad students.</p>

<p>Was it hard to get accepted? My essay for the major nursing is due on January 15th and I need help. </p>

Hello. So I’m currently a junior in high school and i really wanted to get into UCLA. I’m thinking about becoming a CRNA. Please give me advice. My extracurricular activities isn’t bad, I’ve been volunteering at a hospital and play a sport. My grades aren’t fantastic. I got some C’s in my AP and honors class. My weighted gpa is around 4.0. If i can raise my grades up second semester will my chances go up?

How competitive is it to be admitted as a nursing undergrad?

I’m considering tranfering to UCLA from a community college, but I recently decided to do nursing instead of doing a pre-med major to become a doctor. What would you reccomend i do to better my chances of getting in?

tag

Yes, can someone please tell me what the acceptance rate for their nursing program is?

@whiterosela: The Preliminary admit rate for transfers to UCLA nursing was 5% (183 applicants/ 10 admitted).
For Freshman, it is usually lower than 5%, so historically around 3-4%.
You will find most direct admit Nursing programs in California around 5% or below.