UCLA or UCSD...I don't know where to go

<p>I’ve narrowed it down to 2 school’s UCLA and UCSD. I live in SD and want to major in History or Economics. Which is Better for those majors? Also it will be $12000 for me to go to UCSD and $25000 to go to UCLA. Is it worth it to build up all the debt and go to LA. My EFC is 20000 and I have to pay for everything. </p>

<p>Is anyone else going to college and paying for it with loans, or does it seem that I am the only one?</p>

<p>Go to UCSD!! It is nearly as good as UCLA and right by the beach. Also, if you only have to pay 12k (Lucky!!) a year vs 25k, it will save you a lot of money that could be used for other things like grad school.</p>

<p>Pretty sure UCLA is better in both majors. It’s very well known, although not a fact, that of the top 3 UCs, UCSD only excels greatly in the biological sciences. I want to say that UCLA has slightly better recruiting if you’re looking to go into a business with your econ major. If you’re looking to go into grad school though, i’d personally just go to UCSD. Although the majors at UCLA would be better, at a grad school level they’re close enough where it wouldn’t make too much of a difference. I don’t think that the diff. is worth the extra 13k a year.</p>

<p>Thanks, Im leaning towards staying in SD</p>