UCLA, UCSD, UCSB chances

Hey guys,
Was wondering about the chances to the schools listed above in my current situation. Specs are 3.5 unwieghted, 3.75 weighted and a 1500 New SAT score. Thanks in advance!

Oh also, only 3 EC’s, but very deep in all three of them. Fluent in 2 languages and nearing proficient in a third. Good creative writer, and confident in writing a good personal statement.

Are you a junior? Are you OOS? What is your intended major?

If your UC GPA is 3.75:::::

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%
UCLA: 3%
UCSD: 6%
UCD: 11%
UCSB: 13%
UCI: 16%
UCSC: 47%
UCR: 64%
UCM: 80%

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Also need as posted above ^^^ In-state or OOS? Intended major? Already applied?

In state, from Silicon Valley. Intended major would be communications, and haven’t applied.

If your UC GPA is really 3.75, you have 1 semester to get into the 4.0+ range to increase your chances. At this point, all the schools are going to be Reaches. I suggest you add UC Riverside and UC Santa Cruz to your list along with some Cal States.
UC’s are very GPA focused but if you have some compelling reasons for your lower than average GPA, it can be addressed in your personal insight questions but it might bump up your chances where UCI might be possible but the rest of the UC’s do not look too favorable.

It would seem to me that your excellent new SAT of 1500 would bump up the odds (a bit over those listed by Gumbymom, above, perhaps?, --though I’d defer to Gumbymom overall, since she really knows these things – vs. me, I’m much more a beginner in these topics.) Also keep in mind: I know people who got in to one of their Reach UCs (of their choice) last year, through the UC’s wait list – in mid May – which is after other batches of people/students accepted let their ‘declines’ be known to UC (such as people who went Ivy or near-Ivy, etc., but waited until May to let UC know they wouldn’t be coming.)

Having a high test score is definitely a plus, but there are many examples (decisions threads) of applicants being waitlisted or rejected with high test scores but lower than average GPA’s. I prefer to error on the side of caution, so if getting an acceptance when it is unexpected is like icing on the cake. Remember Stats are an important part of the UC application but does not tell the whole story. EC’s, essays, special circumstances, upward grade trends and competitive majors will all impact your chances.