UCSB Research Mentorship Program - 2023

Hi!

Do you remember when you submitted your application?

Also, since you’re a senior and I’m assuming college applications are over, do you think RMP really helped you in terms of standing out? I’m trying to see if this program is worth the cost…

Thank you!

Sorry I meant to reply to the previous comment on this post.

1 Like

HI, could you respond to my post below yours? Thanks

i submitted mine the day before the deadline haha

yes rmp was probably one of the highlights of my applications. i got into yale rea and my interviewer for yale mentioned that he loved listening about my research after my interview and that he’ll mention it in the interview report that im “very passionate” and “experienced in research through a rigorous and competitive summer program.”

i havent committed yet bc i have rd colleges to hear back from. but if you get in, i def recommend going bc it has really made my application stand out!

4 Likes

My brother was waitlisted. Talking to friends who have gone, they have told me waitlists are very rare. Surprised there even is a waitlist this early, considering RMP operates under rolling admissions.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I finished my application a week ago and just got the notification that my application was under review yesterday. Does anyone know if I still have a chance of getting in with rolling admissions and applying from OOS?

My application was under review since early Feb. I have not received any information. Is that a bad sign?

Could you/someone please send the invite link again? It has expired. Thanks!

Thanks!

Did you get an interview request?

Has anyone gotten an interview request lately?

yeah! i got a request on tuesday and did my interview friday, the 10th. still waiting to hear back but they said they will let me know within a week.

hi! did you get a response from them yet?

when did you submit your application? I submitted mine on february 20th and have received neither a rejection nor an interview request

Did anybody receive an email saying “Admissions decisions will be made within four weeks of this notice”? I submitted mine on march 15 and this was the first email from them which was sent 6 days after my submission. Does this mean the interview (if there’s any) will happen within four weeks (before the “admissions decisions”?

i didn’t get any email like this and i submitted mine around the end of february.

1 Like

yep, that’s the standard confirmation email. i submitted mine 2/21 and no rejection/interview request even after more than a month

2 Likes

are you sure that you didn’t get one? it is the standard application confirmation email. if this is the case then your recommender may not have submitted yet

when i go to my portal, everything’s checked off and it says that my recommender has submitted my rec letter. so i dont think this is the case lol