UCSB Research Mentorship Program - 2023

oh NEVER MIND it was actually in a email i got i just didn’t read all the way through T-T

got it. did you get an interview?

no, not yet. when did you submit your application, and when did you get the under review confirmation email? just checking to see if they got to people who submitted around me

Does anyone know the details of the virtual component June 20 – 23?

I think its just an orientation, they will send details later. In the meantime, join my RMP server!

Can someone please confirm if every applicant receives an interview request or there is a shortlisted set of candidates that undergo the interview ?

Not everyone receives an interview. From what I understand, they select a limited amount of applicants to pass to this stage.

Can you please share if there is any stats around how many applicants that interview actually get selected ?

I submitted on March 12 and haven’t received an interview request or decision – anyone in the same situation?

Don’t worry! I think they’re giving interview requests/decisions according to when you submitted; so if you submitted closer to the deadline, then you might have to wait for a little bit longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Submitted 3/17/23. No response yet.

yeah i got waitlisted sadly, but i’m hoping the waitlist moves!

1 Like

not everyone gets an interview, and an interview does not mean you get in right away. i know people who got an interview but were ultimately rejected. I personally got an interview and I got waitlisted, which is pretty rare but also a possible outcome

i submitted my application on february 14th. I got an interview request on march 7th, and scheduled by interview for march 10th. i got my decision on march 15th

Hey, just a heads up that I am rejecting my spot so there should be an opening soon : )

thanks for letting me know! i don’t know where i am on the waitlist exactly, but i do know that RMP does not waitlist many people…hoping i get in!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Does that mean that they filled all the spots already?

How many ppl are there on discord?

Can anyone who has been to UCSB RMP talk more about the experience? Pros and Cons? Is it worth the investment of time and money vs research you might be able to set up with universities near where you live?