UCSB vs UCSD for Social Sciences (and general lifestyle/enviroment differences)

<p>Hey all, </p>

<p>I was wondering if you guys had some insight in these schools’ social sciences education in general. From the research I’ve done, UCSD seems more science orientated? Also, are the rumours of a more…well, uneventful social scene true? What does that actually mean? Any personal experiences, anecdotes? </p>

<p>But on the other side of the spectrum, I’m worried that UCSB would be too lively. I love the whole notion of strong school spirit and an at least somewhat lively campus, but I want a driven environment too. I am more of a social sciences (most likely psychology) and humanities kid, but biology still interests me some (mostly as neuropsychology). Engineering is like…the stink of rotten eggs to me. -___- bad metaphor, but you get the idea. Have a world of respect for people pursuing it though. Also, I like diversity, and more aged, gothic architecture, although I understand its not UC Schools’ forte. </p>

<p>Other ‘facts’ that I’ve found:</p>

<p>San Diego more urban (but not as social ironically), academically harder (science orientated) and a tad colder, climate wise. UCSB is more lively, more expensive living costs, and climate is milder. Few you want to disagree with, or add on?</p>

<p>Anyways, What I’m curious about is the cultural differences/variety in each campus and general attitude of people (use to stranger striking conversations on buses)?</p>

<p>A Canadian asian, if that makes a difference. Thanks so much in advance!</p>