UCSD point rubric/UC admissions

<p>1) The point rubric link went down. Does anyone have it saved? I’m curious if UCSD uses the UCGPA for admissions, or a different calculation</p>

<p>2)Do other UC’s use UCGPA for admissions? Or do they use a different GPA calculation</p>

<p>Thanks ahead of time.</p>

<p>yeah they do</p>

<p>Reference?</p>

<p>[UC</a> San Diego Comprehensive Review Admission Process: Freshman Selection, Fall 2010](<a href=“http://www.ucsd.edu/prospective-students/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/freshmen/process.html]UC”>http://www.ucsd.edu/prospective-students/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/freshmen/process.html)</p>

<p>your GPA and SATs alone determine 73% of your admissions chances</p>

<p>That reference doesn’t say anythign about what I asked.</p>

<p>I know UCSD uses a very specific point rubric. For GPA you multiply your GPA by 1000 to get your points. I want to know if they use</p>

<p>-UCGPA
-UW GPA total
-Weighted GPA total</p>

<p>which?</p>

<p>I called UCSD and UCI admissions department a couple days ago.</p>

<p>For UCSD the GPA they multiply by 1000 is the UC GPA (8 max AP/Hn a-g courses only)</p>

<p>For UCI they didnt really specify but they said they use the uncapped weighted gpa soooo yeah.</p>

<p>haha nice jmsy, I just called 5 minutes ago. What you said I can confirm</p>

<p>find out anything else interesting?</p>

<p>yeah i did actually :P</p>

<p>when applying to a university majors do NOT matter, a bunch of people think that if they apply for an unpopular major they’ll get into the university which is not the case. you apply to two admission boards, the first being the university itself, the second is the department of the major you apply for. you can get into the university but not the major, so you have to pass a certain benchmark to get into the university regardless of the major you list. then your application is xferred to the department of your major (ex. engineering school) and if its an unpopular major you’ll prolly be admitted, if not youll be listed as undeclared and will be prompted to take pre req classes which will allow you to enter that major around your junior year.</p>

<p>in short major does not matter when trying to get into the university.</p>

<p>Two questions:</p>

<p>I have heard people say they didn’t get the “200 hours” credit because the UC only counts 2 years of service. What exactly does this mean?</p>

<p>Also, I’ve heard that an obvious upward trend in grades would count as “personal growth” and give one 250 points in the “hardships, characteristics” blablabal section. can anyone confirm this?</p>

<p>I’m going to be calling on Monday to ask if no one knows.</p>

<p>in terms of community service, the hours you list that you have completed on your application must come from nov. of your senior year to nov. of your sophomore year, or somewhere along those lines. meaning that community service you did as a freshman or at an earlier time period will not be counted.</p>

<p>i dont know about the personal growth thing, but thatd be awesome if it was true. let us know what the admissions counselors say!</p>