UCSD, UCSB, or UCI?

<p>I was originally only going to need to decide between UCI and UCSB but UCSD unexpectantly accepted me!!!</p>

<p>UCSB- Admitted for pre-biology (Got into the major I applied for, but the school doesn’t offer any engineering majors that I am interested in if I were to change my mind on biology.)</p>

<p>UCI- admitted for biomedical engineering- pre med (the major I really want)</p>

<p>UCSD- admitted (undeclared), but I applied for biology so I got rejected from that major? All biology and engineering majors are impacted here, and I really wanted to be a biology (pre medical) or engineering major, so this is a problem!!! I am afraid I wont get in…</p>

<p>The school that I want to go to the most is UCSD, but I am concerned about being undeclared. </p>

<p>I thought in UC schools you could change your major easily, but the more I read, the more I doubt this. </p>

<p>I know its ultimately my decision, but any opinions??</p>

<p>UCSD all the way! I think it’s fine being undeclared, you just take all the GE classes you need and switch over to bio :)</p>

<p>If these are your three choices, then you shouldn’t base your decision off anything other than how good of an experience you think you’ll have.</p>

<p>I believe it’s extremely easy to change your major at most of the UC’s (as long as you’re not trying to switch into engineering or nursing.</p>

<p>If you choose SD I recommend you declare a chemistry major because then many of your classes will fit the requirements for both bio majors and pre-meds. For lower division, the only main difference between chem (also bioengineering) and bio majors is chem majors are required to take a more difficult physics and math series. If your GPA is high enough by junior year you could change your major to biology or bioengineering. You’ll have to work for it, but chances are if you don’t you don’t have a good chance of going to med school anyways.</p>

<p>Basically, I’m just suggesting that you not feel too intimidated by that detail. That being said, definitely choose the college that you could most imagine yourself attending.</p>

<p>Actually, not all engineering majors at UCSD are impacted. Only bioengineering, aerospace, and mechanical are impacted.</p>

<p>If you choose UCSB and want to go into biomedical engineering, I recommend applying to the College of Creative Studies (ccs.ucsb.edu, one of three colleges at UCSB and known to be fairly unique, recent nobel laureate Carol Greider was a CCS biology alumna). I know of a few students who are essentially doing a biomedical engineering degree and the research opportunities are excellent (in fact one was recently admitted to Stanford’s biomedical engineering PhD program).</p>