UCSD vs. UCD for Biochem & Molecular Bio

<p>This is my first time posting and I’m a frustrated senior who doesn’t know which school to pick. My top choice was UCLA but sadly it became my first rejection from the UCs that I’ve applied to. I doubt that I’ll be able to get into Cal, so here I am weighing pros and cons of going to two of the schools that I’ve already gotten in.</p>

<p>My decision is between UCSD and UC Davis and my declared major is Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (or some deviations of it according to different campuses & names they use for majors). I haven’t visited the two campuses yet (though I plan on doing so during spring break).</p>

<p>I would just like to know the comparison between the two: academic wise (specific to my major), community (what is it like?), and if you went to the schools, what are your impressions? I’m hoping that your experiences can help me in deciding the colleges.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for doing this.</p>

<p>Academic wise, the better school would be Davis. It's one of the best schools in the country for the chemical and biological sciences. A degree there in Bio looks very good to all employers. Community I can only speak of Davis, but I can say that it's a great college town with a lot of friendly and nice people, and you'd enjoy living there. Good luck.</p>

<p>You can still make Cal</p>