UGA Admitted Students Day

Anyone have experience with UGA’s admitted students day? Is it usually an all day event or half day? They have one scheduled for Monday March 28. We are coming in from out of town and trying to plan if we fly home that evening or next day. Thanks

If flying home out of Atlanta, I think you could fly back out that evening. We are going that day for our son, I graduated from UGA and lived in Atlanta afterwards. Looks like you would want to stay at least a half day, but then there are optional tours after lunch. I might check out a dorm after lunch and the school of your choice of major, but you could probably be out of Athens by 3pm or 4 at the latest…

Thanks for the info. Looks like it’s shaping up to be a fun trip with friends who will all be staying with first years they know, while I keep a low profile.

Anyone know of the admitted student days for UGA? Trying to plan flights from out of town and I don’t see them listed. Thank you.

I know there is one on March 28.

1 Like

We just got back from one! There were large group sessions until lunch. Then, we were able to eat lunch in a dining hall. There were optional sessions after that which included campus tours, a financial aid session, a tour of the athletic center, dorm tours, and academic open houses. We had previously toured the campus and the athletic center, so we toured the dorm and went to the academic open house after lunch. Our academic open house (Terry–business) was at 3pm, so we were done by 4pm.

did they tell you anything about orientation - whether it will be one day or two/ And whether they will register for classes during orientation (like pre-Covid)?

Was the Terry open house guided or was there a talk or additional info given, past just walking around the building?

How do we register for Admitted Students Day? My son was admitted EA back in November, but we haven’t received any information yet.

We took a Terry tour and it was guided. Not connected to admitted students day though. You can register with Terry on their website and it is given by a Terry Ambassador. Highly recommended!

1 Like

So sorry for the multiple posts- just seeing a thread dedicated to our specific question. At this point, does it look like the only Admitted Student Days are 4/4 and 4/11? Has anyone heard whether there might be more offerings beyond this? Thanks in advance!

Hi@VirginiaBelle, I have seen you on both GT & UGA threads and am hoping to get you perspective. My OOS son was recently admitted to UGA Terry business so we’re on a crash course to visit his top 3-4 schools he’s interested in learning more about to see which one is the best fit. We’re trying to schedule a Terry tour(based off your reco) on 4/12 and then is a self guided tour we may do. Do you think this makes sense to get a good sense of campus & Terry? Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Yes, I have a child at both schools :slight_smile: An engineer at Georgia Tech and a business major at UGA. I would definitely take a tour of Terry. If there is not a formal tour of campus available that day, you can either do a self guided tour or there are a handful of students who give one for a reasonable fee. If you join the UGA parents Facebook page you should be able to get some recommendations on those names if you so desire.

Thank you. I will ask my wife to check in with UGA Parents Facebook since I don’t do FB.

FYI. There are two Facebook pages. One is run by a parent which is the most active. The other is run by a corporation? Good luck and welcome to Athens!!

My son and I are heading to UGA for a visit on Tues. Will have a Terry tour but anything else we should see & do while we’re on campus? Any lunch reco’s?