UIC GPPA Class of 2026

Thank you so much.

2 More slides on timings

2 Likes

Okay with that posted I’ll make comments. For starters I’ll admit my stats for a BDMD are actually less that impressive :sweat_smile: not being humble just honest. I was test optional but from what I gather, my peers most submitted their ACT scores as they were better (I never took the ACT so) therefore if you can I recommend doing both because it seems likely you’ll do better on the ACT. Most I think got above 1520 on the SAT and above 32 on the ACT. But I must say what really impresses the admissions officers, from what I gather, is passion. If you show a passion for learning and medicine they notice and appreciate that. The GPPA program isn’t looking for just smart kids, they’re looking for drive and unique over achievers who show altruism, passion, and a strong moral compass. The program really encourage students to pursue their passions, genuine passions so don’t just make one up to seem impressive. Good stats are obviously important but good essays and letters of rec showing you go beyond just being a good student are also key. I’m continually impressed by the drive of my peers :sweat_smile:
Hopefully this helps a bit, I can’t say a lot about what medicine related activities or ECs are good because as I stated in my reflection I really have none due to my unique circumstances.

3 Likes

does anyone know what date interviews were sent out last year

Hey guys! I applied for GPPA dentistry this year and it’s kind of disheartening to hear that only 12 people got it in the 2021 cycle :smiley: but good luck to everyone!

Did anyone get the interview??

Still waiting
 They are closed until 4th. So, probably after the 4th.

Last year interview request were sent on 12/22/20

Happy New year - Still waiting hopefully this week.

Please post if anyone gets interview email.

Still no email! Has anyone else gotten one yet?

Did anyone try calling them or emailing them. We emailed them last week but did not get a response yet

Nothing yet

Nothing yet

Nothing yet

Any update on interviews ?

No not yet

Whatever happens, just remember that a rejection doesn’t reflect the hard work we’ve put in! I’m sure all of us will be successful no matter where we go or what we do next year!

just got my interview request - dentistry. I CANT BELIEVE IT! how many of the interviewed people go on to get accepted??

1 Like

Really? around what time did it come