UIC GPPA Class of 2026

Did you get an email or a call?

3:31 pm cst!

email!

hello, just wanted to know if you had any interview advice!!

Check previous year threads
 :slight_smile:

12% for Dentistry in Fall 2021.

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/collegeconfidentialstaging/uploads/default/original/3X/a/e/ae59d71be753c289c408532fc3403b12c8b39580.jpeg

All the best for your interview.

regards

1 Like

Congratulations @lizzywizzy - Anyone else got an Invertivew email for Med? I am still waiting 
 But it seems the process has started

@lizzywizzy - could you please share your stats?

Did u get a med interview?

1530 sat, 3.9 uw!

Nice 
Also when did you apply?

nov 1

1 Like

Would u mind sharing your extracurriculars please?

Hi ,

I sent email yesterday to check on Med interview status, got following reply

" The College of Medicine GPPA screening committee has not yet completed its review. Once it has , the selected students will be contacted for interview. We anticipate this will happen in the coming two weeks"

3 Likes

but also remember that we’re interviewed by faculty from the grad schools (like college of dentistry, medicine, etc.) so it’s likely that the college of dentistry got done before the college of medicine. which would especially make sense considering the fact that medicine typically gets a lot more applicants

yup lol like i said :wink:

Thank you so much for this update.

1 Like

the gist of it is: i didn’t really do many medicine/dentistry related stuff, mostly because of age requirements; you have to be 16 to volunteer at medical institutions in my area, but i didnt turn 16 until the end of junior year, and then there was the whole covid debacle lol. but i have experience w the profession bc a lot of my family r dentists lol !! my extracurriculars were generally strong though - i have a couple of leadership positions

a lot of it comes down to the essay! imo, as long as you show that you genuinely think this is the career path that you want to follow four years down the line & your grades show that you’re equipped to handle the workload/material, you’re good.

1 Like

Well I’m not sure how the dental interview goes and I can’t really share much honestly but just be yourself, mine was very conversational so just be ready to talk and be genuine.

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile: