UIC Honors College - Scholarships?

Has anyone that has been accepted into the UIC Honors College heard back about scholarships? My son attended the interview session on 1/16, and I thought they said you should hear about scholarship in about 3-4 weeks. He was accepted into the Honors College about 3 weeks after the interview day.

I had my interview on 12/12 and have still heard nothing about scholarships.

Hi, i recently got an email to attend an interview session. I was wondering what are some good tips to prepare for the essay and interview ? Thank you! @YunSyed‌ @WaitingInCPA‌

I wrote the worst essay ever (grammar, sentence fluence and logical flow were out of the question) so I don’t think you should be worried about the essay. A good 9 sentence paragraph should suffice for each response. I believe I wrote 3 sentence responses for a two of the prompts. Regarding the interview, just be yourself. Show some passion for your major and willingness to work toward a certain occupation.

I would second those comments.

Have people received scholarships already?

Our son did not receive any UIC Honors College Scholarship. The email he received from the Honors College Dean was almost humorous with her apologizing for UIC not having more money to use on scholarships.

My daughter did not receive any scholarships from the Honors College either and I agree, the letter can use a little tune up. I am somewhat frustrated with the whole University. Much different than the college I dealt with 3 years ago for my son. Seems it does not matter what EFC you have, financial aid there is very hard to come by(at least for my daughter).

Are all the notifications for Honors college scholarships done? Or do they come later?

@purplecabbage I haven’t heard anything about HC scholarships besides the tuition waiver coming up soon.