UM, NYU or Oxford at Emory?

<p>I have been accepted to Oxford at Emory, NYU and U of Miami.... I have no clue which one to go to... I did not like the Oxford campus, but going to Emory after the first 2yrs would be great and my best friend lives in the Atlanta area... NYU campus is awesome but I will need about 20k a year in loans (same for Oxford).... U of Miami, the campus looks like a resort and I have 38K in scholarships and grants.... </p>

<p>My question is which one would be the best choice for Pre-Med????</p>

<p>It sounds like you've already decided. You said that you don't like the price tag for NYU, you don't like the campus of Emory (or the price tag), and didn't say anything negative about Miami. They're basically giving you a full ride. It's got a great med school (my friend is transferring from Notre Dame to Miami for med school), you're basically living at a resort, great weather, and you're not paying more than what, 5K? Go to Miami!</p>

<p>Plus, I think you must have visited a different NYU since lets face it, the one in NY doesn't have a campus. But it does have the city around it, LOL.</p>

<p>Plus, Pre-Med is Pre-Med. If you go to a school with a good Med School (which Miami has), then getting a pre-med degree is just that. You then get to choose where you apply for Med school. Although I hear that Miami actually gives a little preference to admitting kids from undergrad to their Med school. Plus, only having to come up with $6 thousand to go to school let's you worry about debt in med School, not entering it buried under debt.</p>

<p>in regard to NYU's campus, I was referring to NYC which surrounds it, the buildings are great too as well as the dorms...</p>

<p>UM is worrying me, because when I visited the science building wasn't that great and the chemistry professor wasn't very helpful! so it's not that I'm completely pro-Miami... or anti-Miami...</p>

<p>the thing is I already know all the positives about each school, I need to know the bad details too so that I can make an informed decision!</p>

<p>Damn if ur not goin to Miami, pass me some of that 38K</p>

<p>
[quote]
Damn if ur not goin to Miami, pass me some of that 38K

[/quote]
LOL! I know! Too bad i'm not going ;(</p>

<p>My son is going to UM and I went to NYU. Can't say anything about Emory though. I loved NYU, but it really doesn't have much of a campus life. If you want to live in Manhattan and enjoy the city then it's great. I went to Syracuse for the first two years and that was not the place for me. NYU was amazing in comparision. I think Miami has it all for the incoming student. It is not isolated, there is lots to do nearby, the weather is great, the school has really raised its reputation. It offers good academics and good social life. Seems to have it all.</p>

<p>Good luck with your decision.</p>

<p>I'm from NYC and basically if you want a real college experience, don't go to NYU unless you really want to live in a big city atmosphere. Emory I heard is a real preppy school and isn't very diverse (if that's a factor for you) but is the most renowned of the 3. Even though I'm attending UM in the fall so i may be a bit biased, personally it has EVERYTHING you want...weather, school spirit, campus life, being in a decent-sized city, diversity, strong academics with a rising reputation, great sports, beautiful campus, plus you're getting all that $$, don't let it go to waste!</p>

<p>Thanks for all of your input! I think I'm starting to lean a bit more towards Miami, it would probably stupid to pass up on that scholarship for a great education on a beautiful campus and in an awesome location! Thanks again, any more input would be appreciated :)</p>