UM Requirements

<p>Current/Future students of UM, what are things that I can do to solidify my chance of getting into UM beside GPA/SAT/ACT/Community services?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Show interest in the school. Email admissions counselors, visit the school, make sure they know you want to go there. It’s huge for a school to see that dedication, because of the way schools admit students. They’ll admit x amount, but not all of them decide to go, which messes up the numbers the school created for the incoming class. If you show that you will definitely go there, you’re more likely to get in than a student who is only applying because their parents want them to.</p>

<p>As Nicolehayleyr said, show A LOT of interest. I emailed my admission counselor about once a month to check on my application or to ask questions. Attend as many events as possible; they take down names to show who makes the effort to attend. If you can, get an interview in October. Visiting the campus would help a lot too. Aside from interest, step up your extracurriculars, balancing your jobs, community service, and sports/hobbies/activities, write a KICK ASS essay full of sincerity and pick your recommendation writers well!</p>