UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

All of the results are posted at the exact same time, not one before the others. My son had friends who didn’t get in and they all found at at the same time he did.

1 Like

That link worked years ago as a tell, but did NOT work last year or the year before. Lots of us tried it because of the same rumor. Nothing showed up for us. My son was admitted as were several others.

7 Likes

Will the next wave be acceptance then?

Maryland posts all decision letters at once for early action. Be it accepted, waitlisted or denied. That is usually today (the last Friday in Jan) and last year it was exactly at 4:45 based on time stamps I have in my photos, etc.

If you do not get an EA decision with everyone else then likely your EA application was incomplete and you were pushed to the RD round.

3 Likes

Unfortunately there seems to be far too many applicants every last Friday of January who are expecting to receive a decision but don’t have a decision in the portal. This is why it is so important to check your portal back in the fall to make sure all documents were received by the EA deadline - we took a picture just in case.

Yes, 100% I know several people who didn’t send something on time.

2 Likes

what link?

no results yet

It was a ■■■■■. There’s no link. Just check your inbox for the email. :slight_smile:

SMH!!! :crazy_face:

Check at 4:45, trust me. That’s when they dropped last year.

1 Like

Do they give scholarships with the letter or will that be even later?

From the UMD FAQ: “For admitted freshman students who applied by the November 1 early action deadline, financial aid decisions will be released electronically by March 1. Students awarded a merit scholarship will receive an email notification by April 1.”

Are Honors College decisions being released today too?

Yes

Thanks

Good Luck to Everyone!! 20 Minutes!!

7 Likes

ahhh im so nervous

will we get an email or will their be a status update thing on my portal?

What makes you so sure it’s going to be at 4:45?