UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

same boat as me

Letter & Sciences (no direct admit into Computer Science), Carillon Communities
3.8/5.6 GPA 34 ACT 4th/230 rank

1 Like

When did you get in

To help out:

Accepted OOS(Tx) to Economics and Honors Program
Dallas area Public School(competitive 6A)
3.92uw, 5.576w (rank 1:678)
Sat 1560(800M)
15 APs (some 5s, some 4s)
Common app personal essay was absolute trash, the Maryland “essays” were good and fun to write
Did orchestra for 8 years, won many competitions
Did Academic Decathlon for all 4 years of hs, won 3rd in state with money
Was VP of NHS, prez of Orchestra club, and started a law review club

4 Likes

Son lives in Maryland, last name S, nothing yet

anyone know when scholarship announcements come out?

Same …last name S. This is crazy.

Website back up for us…we were able to log in but no decision out yet for my DS. WTH?

it says my app was complete by 26th Oct so there is no way I’ve been moved to RD unless I have been deferred. I assume it is coming out in waves as I still do not know mine. International

S here as well

1 Like

Same here but not international. Able to log into website but no decision out yet there.

around 5:50pm when the initial decisions came out. My DS has several friends who have not heard yet although they supposedly applied before the deadline. Not sure why the delay for some.

That is amazing! What awesome performance!

1 Like

S here as well

Not sure. Got the Spring semester / Freshman Connection thing. Should that be considered an acceptance or rejection? We were looking for an unconditional acceptance since my Daughter has already been accepted to PITT, JMU and others. The first word is in the decision letter is “Congratulations” which is highly misleading. Anyone get one of these?

2 Likes

anyone got decision who’s name starts with k??

Son was accepted. In State- 1510 SAT, 4.0 UW/4.5 W, normal EC’s.
Accepted to Government and Politics, honors college.
He is excited!

5 Likes

DD in. In-state. 3.7/4.4. Test Optional. Public Health. Scholars.
Last name: T

2 Likes

Next month…all honors considered for scholarships!

I know two kids that got in… emails then showed up on portal - last names D and T, one music, the other CS. I can see my kid has an ID set up, but still no email or indication on the portal. This is brutal.