UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Not really… Financial aid yes.

3 Likes

Do they reject any EA?

Dual Enrollment… college course, often taught at local CC

Yes.

1 Like

Anyone understand my dc’s response? She applied regular decision but received a message today a few after her smtd audition that they have everything we need to make a decision. If you want to show continued interest you can do so here.” Anyone else get this? Is this good or bad?

2 Likes

Dual enrollment, I am taking 2 college courses in my senior year

Son-postponed CoE:CompSci
OOS
4.0/4.55 thru 11th
SAT: 1520 (1530 superscore)
loads of extracurriculars, also Eagle Scout candidate

Seems like almost all OOS Eng:CS have been postponed
I wonder if they want to give more opportunities for this major to in state kids since it has been limited

1 Like

OOS son admitted to Engg.
Applied major is Aerospace Engg. But the letter simply says CoE.
No word on merit scholarship though

1 Like

I think that is the entirety of CoE… only two OOS CoE admits in this thread, one of them applied CS, other didn’t mention.

Edit: and the insant I post that, despo-dad drops in for the W. Congrats!

1 Like

Daughter accepted!!!
OOS - SoCal
LSA – Women & Gender Studies (pre-med track)
No hooks
4.0UW / 4.35W
34 ACT superscore
8 APs (including AP Capstone - AP Seminar / AP Research)
Public Charter School
Super strong letters of rec
Strong ECs (including leadership), especially demonstrating future pre med interest
Visited campus once, also met AO at college fair in SoCal
GO BLUE!!!

7 Likes

Son OOS, CoE, 1520, 4uw/4.6w, 10AP+bunch of college math classes.
Accepted but also says “decision of advanceme placement of CS will be released within 10 days.”

2 Likes

It says “we have all the information we need to make a decision. If you want to show loci do this.” Is this good or bad? We are baffled

2 Likes

I think it’s what they send everyone who is deferred. You don’t need to submit anything because they have everything they need to make a decision on your student, but you can send a LOCI if you want to.

4 Likes

Follow the instructions. If it’s the same that I posted up thread then you have a choice. My attitude is nothing is optional. If they say you can send in a loci and grades then do so.

3 Likes

But it’s a totally different response from what his friends and everyone above got

1 Like

If you are OOS and deferred, the LOCI really isn’t optional.Send it out as soon as possible, and convince UM that they are your top choice! Otherwise you have virtually no chance of being admitted.

3 Likes

major loci tips? should it be a big ec/award dump or no, because i’ve gotten mixed tips from people, some say to just show off what we’ve done this year that isn’t on our app, others say to not resume dump

2 Likes

It’s a form letter. Look at my post upthread about this. Follow through in a few days. It’s optional

1 Like

DD Deferred/Postponed
Nursing
OOS
3.89 UW/4.26 W
34 ACT
8 APs/7 honors
School does not rank (small private school)

3 Likes