UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Also whats legacy?

3 Likes

Just trying to learn from the community :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Does UMich defer/postpone kids because school thinks that they r treating them as safety?

1 Like

Legacy applicant = someone who’s parent(s) attended that school (most will only count undergraduate enrollment for legacy purposes).

4 Likes

I don’t think they consider themselves a safety for anyone; but they don’t like to be seen as a likely second choice. So yes, such kids (OOS only) will very likely get deferred.

what could an OOS high stat student have done to prevent this?

1 Like

They defer for many reasons, such as wanting to see your 1st semester senior year grades.

2 Likes

You would have to do what too many other kids are doing.

“ I have wanted to go to xyz since I was three years old. I have a XYZ flag on my wall and I touch it everyday for inspiration.”

2 Likes

Really… Actually no… Much better ways to answer it…

1 Like

Sorry, I have posted on this before but it’s a hot button for me.

There is currently no check on the kids (families) who oversell their interest in a school. (Not to mention the facts of their resume - but let’s leave that for later).

As we have discussed, schools are hungry for yield and vulnerable to overstated interest.

I think it would be fascinating (and it will happen) if schools started requiring students to post a copy of every app with their high school guidance counselor. This would by definition water down the stories and give the college a port of call when Jimmy says “XYZ is my top choice and then goes elsewhere.”

Food for thought.

There are no silly questions. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

so no decisions today?

How certain are we that the decisions will be today? I heard Friday as a prediction I believe.

Someone earlier said that the decisions are released at 3pm EST in the past?

1 Like

Anyone who tells you with certainty that decisions will be “today” probably has no idea what they are talking about. Except if they say that on Jan 31. :grinning:

4 Likes

True true :joy:

This answer seems very curious to me.

Do you think they will release them all at once? or in batches such as PennState and Ohio State?

At least that’s reasonable.

i believe they do them all at once