UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Ha! You got a customer support rep that tells it like it is :slight_smile:

“I do not have an exact date” - so truthful!

1 Like

Pre-pandemic, yes in the Spring. IIRC, my D and I went back to A2 March 9, 2018. During the pandemic, I think they’ve been virtual.

https://admissions.umich.edu/victors2025/

By June, Fall registration starts.

1 Like

That is why I said Friday two weeks ago but today is a greater chance then yesterday​:wink::four_leaf_clover:so check back at like 2:50 pm eastern time today and we will all see together.

I know I thought that was at least better than saying “by the 31st” I’m just curious to see what they say at this point.

My daughter is a Stamps student who was also admitted in 2019 as a dual LSU major student (she ended up not doing a dual degree- way to much work and at least an additional year.)\

From a small rural school.
I think her GPA was 3.9
SAT 1240
ACT 28

FABULOUS portfolio. (says her unbiased Mum)

Keep in mind the Holistic approach that UM uses; you don’t have to have the average michigan stats to be accepted. You are compared to your peers within your ISD and your many other skills are taken into account.

7 Likes

Stamp kids are truly talented.

2 Likes

does she like the way that the BFA program is structured? i couldn’t get much info about stamps through their website so I’m curious as well

Thanks so much! is that GPA weighted or Unweighted?

Did you submit SAT or ACT scores?

Yes, i would say so for the most part. It is hard to get a really good idea what the difference is between the BA and the BFA; if you can get ahold of the Stamps Student Handbook (maybe google it?) it outlines the program. The BFA requires more studios/art concentration classes than the BA does so there are less extracurricular credits to distribute but she’s managed to get some pretty interesting classes outside of art that she’s been stimulated by. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

unweighted

thank you so much! i applied so I’m just waiting bc stamps is definitely a dream for me.

Good luck! Will have my fingers crossed for you! Don’t fret too much. Keep making art; best way to soothe the soul. :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

What is stamps?

the art school!

1 Like

Oh cool!

Did you apply to Pratt or RISD?

1 Like

https://stamps.umich.edu/

1 Like

You know the chat is active and live when you can get a faster answer here to “what is stamps” vs typing into google!! Congrats to all!!

1 Like

no! im looking to double major so i applied art to universities and colleges

2 Likes