UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

congrats

Postponed. These deferrals are tough :frowning:

2 Likes

D22 was accepted! Her older sister (D19) is a junior in LSA at UMich.

4.95 wGPA
in state
34 ACT
LSA - Math major

8 Likes

Trying hard to not get discouraged for my son who was deferred at his ED school, deferred from northeastern and rejected at UNC and now postponed for Mich. From Arizona so OOS, 3.98UW, SAT 1510, top ten ranked public high school charter, varsity and captain lacrosse, internships, summer ECs that match his environmental passion. Great essays. Just dumbfounded.

6 Likes

D22 Accepted
LSA
IS
ACT 33 super score,
3.98 UW
9AP and 8honors
Good ECs

8 Likes

Does everyone get deferred or accepted?

No. Many get rejected as well (but you won’t see them posting it here).

1 Like

is this a way to protect their yield?

1 Like

Don’t lose heart. All of those schools are tough in general and UNC/UMich are far tougher for anyone OOS. I hope he also applied closer to home. None of this is a judgement on our kids - there are too many stellar applicants and not enough slots in many of these colleges. Good luck!

4 Likes

What’s the timeline for postponed decisions? Will the come out during early April or sooner?

Results are out … S22 got in :wave:

5 Likes

Oh ok. Thank you so much. I got deferred do you know the acceptance for deferred round?

Accepted OOS
LSA
3.7 UW
1510 SAT

6 Likes

Still waiting on a dozen or so RD decisions!!! Stanford is my top choice. Thanks!

1 Like

I can imagine. Northeastern deferral broke confidence of many kids and we parents feel helpless.

5 Likes

I have a 1390, and i know thats low for michigan but some schools prefer students who send in their scores. Does Mich really care about them?

1 Like

There’s no way to know. There are many reasons for deferrals/postponements. One of them (not “all” by any means) is yield management (although I know some here will disagree :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Anyone getting in with less than a 1400 :smiling_face_with_tear:

For everyone who got postponed. Do we have to send in mid year report card?

Daughter got accepted
3.87 Unweighted
4.74 weighted
ECs are good, leadership
Out of state, public school

6 Likes