UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Congratulations to all that got accepted today.

For those postponed /deferred guess what? You get to be here with us a bit longer. Lots of you will get accepted from Feb to April.

For the ones that applied to Ross and got postponed… You have to get accepted to your home school first ie: LSA then your application is sent over to Ross for their review.

Please Stat your stats no matter what the results were today.

In or out of state.
Unweighted GPA /or GPA
Major
Act /Sat scores or say didn’t take
Height and shoe size

OK, don’t need the last line.

BTW - you can still get accepted into Ross to your home school in April and then get accepted into Ross

4 Likes

S22 - Accepted. Now waiting on Ross

UW GPA 3.97
SAT 1540
ACT 34
Lots of APs
Varsity soccer, Student council, Decca National, stuco, Hosa and various other ECs

My S18 got accepted in COE on June 29, 2018. Has anyone received acceptance that late?

5 Likes

why deferral was expected? stats cannot be any better.

In State

Hard to know how to keep my kid’s spirits up…Deferred from Brown and now deferred from Mich
OoS
35 ACT 1 sitting
3.96 uw/4.67 w
Varsity sport, club sport, research, state awards, summer camps

1 Like

they say your school counselor should upload midyear report to common app and they will download it.

Accepted OOS
LSA
4.0 UW
1530 SAT
9 APs

For those who are OOS deferrals, did you do on-campus tours or any other sign of demonstrated interest? My daughter did an on-campus tour and my thinking was that that would help if UMich is so concerned about yield.

7 Likes

Also… This has been a very tough cycle for like all schools especially for engineering majors. Most schools are seeing a large uptick of being postponed. Just hang in there. It will all work out.

1 Like

I agree the data is important - and you guys do a great job helping us.

But it seems like all are 3.8-4.0/4.2-4.5 with SAT of 1500+.

But you know my favorite is when they write, “strong demonstrated interest” and then also mention that they were accepted to 4 other schools. Sorry, but I can not help but wonder if all four / five other schools got the same “strong demonstrated interest”.

1 Like

deferred oos; lsa for econ
3.9/4.2 gpa
36 act

so will decisions be released all together or in batches if we were deferred?

POSTPONED
OOS
3.992UW/4.56W
Test Optional
LSA/Psychology

Well, the number of applicants has risen over the years, so history may not be a great guide.

Here’s a guess. Obviously, it’ll depend on the number of applicants, which was about 8,328 for the Fall of 2021. The OVERALL acceptance rate to the university was 20%, but the class leaned towards OOS, so it may be less than 20%.

But for the sake of discussion, if you assume 20% of those 8,328 were admitted, or 1,666, to their home school, and 935 were admitted to Ross in Fall of 2021, then 56% ish. Or maybe 50/50 might be a bit more “conservative.” :smile:

I’d say pretty good odds. I’d guess.

2 Likes

Yes, son did it all and still deferred with math college credits. 4.0 student.

Does everyone that got deferred have the letter of continued interest option?

Hi, I literally have more or less the same stats as you!
1530 SAT
43/45 predicted
Admitted, but waiting for Ross.
You mind if I pm? Had a few questions…

1 Like

My senior does have the letter of continued interest option.

Typically, they’re released on the same days as the Ross decisions, which this year are: 2/18, 3/18 and 4/15. All Fridays.

3 Likes

We were told no. But the answer must be yes.

It would be hard / stupid / risky for them to give that option to some but not others.

Yay Brown my alma mater. D22 applied there RD, but she’d rather go to Michigan. waiting for her to get home to open. she was too anxious :grimacing: to do while in school!

1 Like