UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Occasionally, Michigan announces the release on their Admissions Twitter account, but only on the day of the release.

2 Likes

As compared to last year the chat board is unusually quite if the decisions are coming out today

I think we’re all confused as to if it’s actually coming

That’s a given. In the absence of true information, all of this is just entertainment.

6 Likes

I am fully expecting a deferral at best for my S22. So I am sort of ambivalent about the decision date.

I find it extremely unlikely that they will come out today, last year they came out around the 29th of January with a similar if not a fewer amount of applicants. On top of that, there have been no indications in the portal either. My school counselor also reached out to our admissions officer and they provided no new information other than that they will be coming out end of January. If they come out today, I would be over the moon, but it does not seem likely.

5 Likes

Does anyone know what time decisions are typically released?

If you take into account that last year EA application deadline was extended by 15 days then we can potentially get decisions today

6 Likes

In previous years, I believe they were released at 3:00 pm EST

1 Like

usually around 3 pm EST. At least that was what it was last year

Oh, I never knew that! Keeping my fingers crossed then.

1 Like

thank you for explaining this WAY better than I did!

So I guess we’ll know soon if the rumors were true😀

Good luck everyone!

8 Likes

good luck!!

1 Like

do the send an email or need to go to portal

I think they send an email? That’s how my other colleges have done it

2 Likes

In the past, you just had to check your portal and the email of the decision would follow hours later. There wasn’t an email to check your portal for the decision.

In my D’s case, the email followed at about 11 PM PST. But process can change too.

3 Likes

If the decisions come out today kudos to UM CS gurus for upgrading their portal in way that gives no signs that decisions are due today

3 Likes

It’s kind of embarassing they didn’t plug these holes in the past tbh.

It’s either today or a week from today. I see no reason it can’t be today, but we’ll know soon!

Good luck to all of the students! My youngest is nervously waiting. I reminded her that her sister (and many others from her school) were deferred but ultimately accepted 3 years ago. Think positive!

5 Likes

So it does seem like they defer a lot of EA applicants