UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

They do defer a lot of EA applicants. My son was admitted two years ago during the EA process, but knew of a lot of students who were deferred. The good news is that several of them were ultimately admitted later.

2 Likes

What is the general understanding on the deferred pool vs regular pool? Do those deferred generally have a lesser chance than RDs? Thanks!

did anyone get a decision??

nothing for me

no decision yet

No just checked. Nothing

Simply, your school AO from Michigan gets a report from your high school. This will explain the AP classes and rigor. If your school is a known school or feeder to Michigan, the AO will know your school well. The reality is some schools give out +/- like candy and it’s hard to justify a 4.0 from one school to another. This is where the holistic review comes in. As already given the process they take. People sometimes complain, when deffered, how long Michigan takes to give your child an answer of acceptance etc. They take this process very seriously and want to give every applicant the best light /chance of being accepted. With over 80,000 applications last year, this is a challenge to get it right… Good luck.

An EA rejection here on CC is rare. Yes, most are deferred.

Remember these Ross BBA decision dates that I posted earlier?

Well, there’s a real good chance, maybe even “likely,” that those applicants that are deferred/postponed (considered RD post-EA) and also those applicants that submitted their RD apps by the 2/1 deadline will get their RD decisions (acceptance, waitlist or rejection) on those dates too.

Yes, tons. Don’t let it discourage you etc. It’s just part of the process. Something like half of those acceptances will be half the freshman class and the other half comes from deferred students…

looks like its not coming today, dang I was super hyped

6 Likes

Could it come later tonight or was 2 the only chance

3 Likes

Why do people think it’s today? It’s kinda early… Did I miss something here?

1 Like

I just talked to someone who generally knows very little about anything and he said that with the temperatures below freezing in Ann Arbor, broadband speeds could be effected by 12 - 15 mins. The new window should be 3:12 to 3:15 pm EST. Good luck.

Yep, you missed a post by someone who had read or heard something about today being the day. I’m not going to dismiss it, because my butt still has lash marks on it from a couple years ago. :rofl:

1 Like

I remember that! I was Team Sushiritto, but DANG was that uncomfortable.

Also, does a certain Bus Driver ever Sing around here anymore?

today??

has it always been 3pm?

honestly don’t think it’s coming today, it is fairly early so just look forward to announcements within the next couple of weeks.

3 Likes

I’m from a feeder school (in-state) and I heard that some people from our school had already been rejected.

Yep, it’s literally, the only time in history, dating back to when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, that someone actually got the Michigan EA release date correct. :smile: The odds were with me.

Singing Bus Driver has not been back in a few years. I believe last year I/we had a “little birdie,” but they’re not back this year…either.