UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

DD22 did apply to Wharton. I didn’t encourage it.

Those who have, get. Those who want, take. Those with external influences, use them.

when is campus day?

should we expect any portal changes if there is a release on friday? did last friday’s groyp experience any changes?

1 Like

anyone hear any new insider news about friday release?

Some reason I feel the volume of decisions coming out will be smaller (compared to EA and in phases) so we might not see any impact to the portal as with EA decision

1 Like

When is the campus day?

There’s a full calendar of campus days, specific to each school.

1 Like

The Campus Day we registered for is on Friday, March 11th.

1 Like

Last Friday’s acceptances seemed very much out of the blue and I don’t know if there was a lot of portal checking that week since a release did not seem likely.

D22 was not expecting anything and had not checked her portal all week. In fact, she didn’t notice the email alerting to her a status change until the evening when she was settling down for the night - it had been sent at 3:21pm. It was very different from the EA release on 1/28 when everyone had been talking and speculating all week at school and her phone blew up when the release happened.

2 Likes

okay that makes sense, im hoping im in this release or i may have to withdrawal for other opportunities :frowning:

1 Like

Our GC is signalling to some students she thinks Friday will be a release. She’s super coy, but our D went to her last week to let her know that UM was definitely of interest but she couldn’t say for certain it would trump her current acceptances (longer story covered well up thread). Anyway, her GC basically shunned her off and said she’s not going to share any of that with the AO because 1) AO is already super busy and consumed and that wasn’t worth contact unless it was specifically asked (which is occasionally has been in the past 2) they were very close to a wave. D couldn’t really determine what it all meant, but asked “is Friday a wave” to which GC simply smiled and said that nobody knows but “lots of signs point to yes”. For what it’s worth in today’s astrology, lol

7 Likes

Well, I certainly hope it is this week - this waiting and not knowing WHEN to expect a decision is the pits.

3 Likes

Would be great if this was accurate.

Mostly because it would be the first time ever that a “my guidance counselor thinks…” prediction came true.

1 Like

When are campus days for CAS? also how are you seeing this ?

Someone up thread posted a link to campus days

Ha, ain’t that the truth. This particular GC is super involved and was accurate last year on every wave (she is an ex AO herself and has tremendous relationships). So while I wouldn’t get hopes up, I do think it is a good sign.

2 Likes

I hope the GC is right. Fingers crossed!

When every Friday is “I think it will be this Friday”, the squirrel will eventually find that nut.

5 Likes

Since it is spring break this week, I’m not sure it would make sense that there would be a release.