UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Huh. That’s an important piece of information.

What school did you apply to?

1 Like

Decision: D22 Accepted
Application Type: Regular Decision
School: LSA
SAT/GPA: 1500, 4.0 unweighted (HS doesn’t weight), many APs and IBs
ECs: Many, all the usual suspects everyone here has
Legacy: N

Goal: Ross, so we keep waiting until 4/15

Reaction: We are profoundly shocked and massively appreciative. We planned for a rejection.

This thread has been amazing to follow. What a terrific group of engaged parents - and students too. You have all added so much value to this crazy college process over the past months.

Congrats to those accepted. And best of luck to those still deciding.

13 Likes

I applied to LSA for data science

Well, I’m going to assume I’ll get rejected or waitlisted, based on what I see here. Seeing everyone else’s response actually helps ease me into that possibility. It’ll be ok. (At least that’s why I keep telling myself as the clock ticks slower than it ever has in my life!!!)

1 Like

just received an email this afternoon. out of state engineering applicant, rejected.

1 Like

Daughter waitlisted today. Was deferred from EA round. OOS- NJ. Applied to LSA

D22 got admitted to CoE (Biomedical Engineering). Shocked as she was waitlisted at UCB, UCSD, and rejected at UCLA! It is so expensive for OOS!!!

13 Likes

Waitlisted for CoE (CS major)

@ucscuuw, our options are between UCSB CS or UIUC CS(Grainger). We are in Bay area and visiting both soon. Is it possible to share some notes after the visit since your list partially matches with us too?

Accepted in state
Architecture and LSA
3.9 GPA
1370 SAT superscore
avg ecs
good essays imo
no legacy
80 college credits
immigrant

6 Likes

While it’s not unheard of that a very few applicants don’t get a decision after it’s all said and done, falling through the cracks in the past, it’s still “only” 3/25. And Michigan did say “by early April.” So, hang in there, not all decisions have been released, which your post signifies.

2 Likes

thank you so much!!!

Absolutely. PM me - we are visiting UIUC 04/04 and UCSB on 04/09.

1 Like

Yes. We looked at it as well. Will withdraw anyway, I’m sure there are other kids whose first choice is UMich. Great college though. We know someone who got an offer right before he graduated from Ross and LSA. They loved UMich.

2 Likes

For future reference, I got accepted and my withdraw button was gone around 1PM. So definitely not an indicator of a rejection/waitlist!

5 Likes

There is no way they accept 50% in EA. Unprecedented. Ivies, peers, competitors, not even close to that.

Decision: D22 Waitlisted
Application Type: EA 11/1
School: LSA
SAT/GPA: 1560, many APs
Legacy: N

What are the odds of coming off the waitlist OOS LSA? Not sure if it’s worth accepting the wl offer.

can i dm u re usc merit? we are Waiting on that too. Did you get a final decision yet? Hoping to hear about that today as well

Great. Thanks. We are visiting UCSB 04/09. Debating between 04/04 or 04/18 for UIUC. Will PM you.

Plenty of schools fill the majority of their class in EA or even in ED. Purdue fills almost the entirety of their class EA, and are very up front about that. Northwestern and JHU fill over 50% in binding ED.

6 Likes