UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Waitlisted
In State Feeder School
IB
4.61 W
34 ACT
National Champion athlete
Legacy

With a cute little note about how they understand much it must hurt to be wailisted as a legacy LOL how nice of them

Given that the wailist seems to be most of the RD pool, not sure what sense that makes. But she has offers for a few full rides and other nice offers to mull over. She just won’t be with her sister.

Congrats to everyone who got in. And if you didn’t get the answer you wanted today, don’t despair. Michigan is a great school, but you DON’T need to go there to do exceedingly well in life or have a great college experience that you’ll remember forever.

18 Likes

Aw man, I’m so sorry. Thats hurts to hear. Hang in there.

Thank you for this. My son was also postponed then waitlisted. He received the same legacy comment in his letter.

1 Like

We never had portal change and therefore no result. So strange!

1 Like

Michigan broke a lot of precedents this cycle. There were legit blog posts that stated WL’s would be longer this year and that appears to be the case with Michigan.

Michigan typically accepts about 50% of their class in EA and someone mentioned speaking with the AO and was told the same for this cycle, but I have my doubts. I’d take a wild stab and say they must have accepted more than 50% based on this big wave on 3/25. But I could certainly be wrong too.

With all the WL’ing today, very few acceptances and members actually posting rejections (thank you BTW) in a “large” (for CC) number, seriously, I don’t think there are any big waves left. Maybe they’ll squeeze out a few more acceptances for the smaller schools?

3 Likes

@nickkdeluca That’s a pretty good safety option!

OOS D22 accepted to COE, after being postponed EA
1550 SAT; lots of AP and ECs
GPA: 3.9 uw

Congratulations to all admits and good luck to all the applicants!

12 Likes

Waitlisted (Deferred Early)

Out-of-State (Virginia)

4.63 Weighted G.P.A./4.0 Un-Weighted G.P.A.

1570 S.A.T. (13 APs: 6x 5, 1x 4, 6x In-Progress)

Extra-Curriculars: F.B.L.A. President, Class President, Debate Captain, Non-Profit Founder, Model U.N. Delegate + More

Awards: 2x State Debate Champion, 2x State F.B.L.A. Champion, National Merit Recipient (Finalist in LoCI), AP Scholar w/ Distinction + More

Major: Business Administration (Ross) + Un-Declared (L.S.A.)

Financial Aid: Kinda Need-Based

Waitlisted.
OOS
LSA
UW 3.87 Weighted 4.19
ACT 32
Legacy (well for grad school idk if that counts)

1 Like

does that mean the following waves would most likely be rejections?

Happy for everyone who got in, but frustrated w/ the decision notification process - It created a lot of apprehension on my end, as I’m sure it did for others

6 Likes

Well, UCSB and SLO (where D21 attends) have a BIG soccer rivalry, so there’s that going for UCSB. :grinning:

All great choices!

1 Like

Decision: Accepted
Application Type: EA Deferred RD (11/1)
School: CoE
Stats: 3.9UW, 1510 SAT, good amount of leadership / ECs
Legacy: N, first-gen student

8 Likes

When will the next wave be? How could it be only rejections?

Wait listed
4.3 weighted GPA
Instate
LSA

It’s been real everyone, good luck to those who got in, on to school number 2

3 Likes

today! i received my ea decision closer to 4pm et if that helps

1 Like

Did you get a decision today?

Accepted OOS, deferred EA.
3.96UW, 4.71 W, 35 ACT, lots of ECs, research
Congratulations to those that got in and good luck to all!

7 Likes

No i didn’t sadly lol

I just checked my portal but nothing is there…kinda scared now lol :sob:

1 Like