UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Did any decisions come out in February last year? If so, do you remember a specific date?

2 Likes

Got to read the thread
 Lol but yes
Usually after Ross decisions or around. So later February March and Mid April.

so my grades have dropped slightly

counting my senior year Ive taken 17 aps (6 this year and 1 Calculus 3 course through Syracuse)

my grades dropped a bit because right before the beginning of school, my parents lost their jobs, and like money was tight, so i had to work around 10 hours every weekend. so my semester grades for all my classes are pretty much b/b+'s. i kept the schedule and couldn’t switch as the loss of job was sudden, and i couldn’t switch

but like i personally learned a lot, plus i was able to land a future internship for compsci with an army org type of thing.

do u think its worth mentioning the struggles i had faced in my loci? i don’t want to seem like a pity party but it genuinely affected my grades as like home life was affected and my hour?

1 Like

I would if I were you as it can provide some context.

If I recall correctly there was only one big RD wave for OOS students around the 3rd week of March. I believe there were some mini waves for IS earlier in March.

2 Likes

From what we could see here on CC, there was a very small wave of in-state acceptances on Friday 2/25/22.

Then a large wave on 3/25, where there were lots of WL’s and rejections, a few acceptances.

Typically, there are waves on the last Fridays of February and March and drips and drabs in April.

4 Likes

I applied and was accepted into LSA for Fall 2023, but I now realize that I want to study business. Is there any way I can transfer into Ross easily, or would I have to reapply to the college?

2 Likes

You won’t be able to apply for Ross during this admissions cycle.

You could try to apply once admitted and enrolled after freshman year. However, it is close to impossible to do as they usually only take around 100 students from within U of M other colleges as transfers in.

2 Likes

My kid applied EA and was postponed.

When kid looked at the LOCI page on website, it said he was applying LSA “Undeclared.” But when kid pulled up the PDF of his submitted application from the Fall, the application correctly shows kid’s preferred majors under “Areas of Interest” - is this normal for LSA applicants LOCI page in portal to show “undeclared” or should the kid contact local rep or something?

1 Like

I noticed the same thing and was wondering the same thing.

You can apply to transfer from LSA to Ross, assuming you can meet the requirements and Ross accepts your transfer application, which isn’t a given. For the Fall of 2021, the UMich-Ross Transfer acceptance rate was 21%.

Ross requires an admission portfolio, which I assume you would have not completed anyway.

2 Likes

A student is undeclared until they formally choose a major before the end of their Sophomore year.

The process is fairly simple to declare a major in LSA, but for CS. That’s a new more complex process.

1 Like

thank you. so helpful!

1 Like

There are ways to prepare for a career in business without entering as a business major at Michigan.

Reasonable people will disagree on how easy it is to do, but I have seen many students successfully create business pathways for themselves at Michigan. Some small number transfer into the major, some are accepted into the minor, some get an entrepreneurship minor, and others join or create clubs that enhance a business resume.

My own student was accepted into both the organizational studies and public policy majors (application process sophomore year), so was able to choose one and pursue a minor that will keep the door open for a job in business, if that’s what she decides.

So, if you end up deciding you are sure you want to go to Michigan and think you want something business-y, my own opinion is that you can make it happen. On the other hand, if you are sure you want a very specific business school experience, Michigan is probably not the right school because there is no guaranteed path to Ross.

2 Likes

Actually no. This is not the point of the Loci. Talk to your counselor. If you do make it a line or two since you don’t have many words with it only 250. Use it in how you want to go here and how you would be an active member on campus. If you do mention it, you can talk about how you would use the resources for learning on campus. Actually that might not be too bad.

I forgot to mention that Ross also offers a Business minor:

Does this thread also serve as the thread for admitted UMich students for class of 2027? Or is it another thread? I looked but couldn’t find it.

3 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

1 Like

Did your admitted student (applied to Ross) receive an email that Ross is reviewing their application?

2 Likes
2 Likes