UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

For the first time, 2 kids at my son’s OOS school were admitted. Both VERY high academic. Chances they will accept another student who has GOOD grades (4.5weighted)but also amazing EC/school and community involvement? More balanced

3 Likes

My Ds OOS school had 3 applicants this EA round and all were deferred. She is wondering if at most one could get admitted. Probably. But good luck.

1 Like

We are probably the latest to submit the application. Just before the deadline…

Does this affect our chances a lot? I know ea definitely has its benefits. Sigh…

Did RD applicants receive an email to submit the continued interest form?

2 Likes

Nope. If it’s before the deadline your good.

1 Like

Only EA. It doesn’t apply to RD applicants since they wouldn’t have reviewed your application yet.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like

How are you uploading first semester grades? The Continued interest form said nothing outside of this will be considered. Thank you

I think your school does this through the common app. Call them to find out.

Hi. Can anyone explain why U-M encourages students to fill out a “Expression of Continued Interest” form if they didn’t apply until RD? They sent the link to the portal acknowledging the application and the very next day emailed about the expressed of continued interest. I’ve seen such forms for EA/ED applicants who were deferred/postponed, but isn’t it implicit if you apply at the end of January that you’ll still be interested a week later and likely not have anything new to report? What’s the purpose of it in such cases?

Thanks.

1 Like

just got my CS advance selection decision and I got in!! anyone else get into cs?

Probably need to ask this on the EA thread for Michigan and not the RD thread where everyone is still waiting for admission to Michigan.

2 Likes

I can only assume it’s an automated response to all RD applicants (since many RD applicants may decide to ED2 to other schools at some point during the process) regardless of when the application was submitted. Michigan has no way of knowing if someone also decided, last minute or not, to ED2 or may have received an EA decision in the meantime. It must be a way for them to clean up their numbers so they know exactly how many applicants they have.

2 Likes

I believe it has to b done through the school ( school Guidance sends) thats usually the only way they accept updated grades unless they specifically say u can self report, like Georgia

was there any people who got into the coE for comp sci? i do not know anyone who got in ea to the coE

I applied last minute but I think I’m going to fill it out just in case.

1 Like

Does anyone know how soon a student apply for the Minor in Business at Ross? I think UMich web site said junior year (which seems late). Also, when can a student actually start taking Ross business courses (freshman or sophomore year if prerequisites are done, for example)? Daughter accepted LSA and waiting to hear on Ross business school acceptance. If not accepted, may do LSA with Minor in Business. Understand student must apply for the minor. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get into the Minor in Business?

1 Like

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/business-minor/admissions/faq

1 Like
776 Applicants
280 Enrolled
3.826 Average U-M GPA
36% In-State
53% Women
11% International
1 Like