UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Daughter off the waitlist today for LSA. Apparently 5 girls from her school (all girls school) also got off the list today. OOS.

5 Likes

So our your kids going to go to Michigan now? Congrats.

1 Like

what time? just recently?

1 Like

Couple of hours ago.

Still waiting on one other waitlist.

Thank you…was 3ET or so

do you think they sent all the acceptances out at the same time?

Summary

This text will be hidden

Apparently, one of her classmates was notified yesterday and the others (including her) today. Not sure how Michigan is doing it though, tbh.

Heard of several OOS girls getting in off the waitlist today through different circles of friends. No boys that I know of. Purely anecdotal, but does seem like a bit of a pattern along with the posts here.

Congratulations! How much time are they giving you to decide?

May 28th to decide

is it a private school or public school? also can you share what state/region?

Private school in California.

1 Like

We are in private school in NY
I think 2 got in Reg and 2 others for Summer admit (3 girls 1 boy)

Is your school known as a Michigan feeder school? That’s a lot of kids to get off the wait list from just one school so curious. Any clue how many were accepted overall and how many committed to going?

Good luck to your child.

I was curious about this too and looked at Naviance - 2020 10 kids were accepted (4 enrolled), 2021 16 kids accepted (5 enrolled) and 2021 only 4 accepted (2 enrolled). I never got the sense or heard over the years it was feeder for Michigan. One of the factors is that Michigan looks to receive more applications from boys than girls so I can only think maybe they were looking to balance that a bit more, but that’s just a guess. I know there were other schools this year trying to enroll more boys than girls to address the imbalance.

NYC private school kids are posting a bunch of admits (these schools usually send a handful of kids to mich each year). So many qualified kids put on wl this year, who are now getting off. We know 2 who did not accept their wl offer as they were happy with their current school.

1 Like

Actually, our school got 5 off WL yesterday, 3 girls and 2 boys

I think 7 or so are going in total and maybe 15-20 were accepted

Not really considered a feeder form my understanding

3 Likes

Anyone hear of other states besides CA and NY? Thanks!