UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Well, I’m more interested in the answer to my question.

"I applied for the November 1 deadline (had the actual app in by Oct 6, the other stuff followed, can’t remember exact date of completion, but it was before time). I got the undergraduate acceptance in the mail on ~ October 27.

I’m wondering, when should I expect a decision on interview?"

look on their website. they have a timeline

Ahmer50

I went through the process in 2009-2010 with my daughter.
Now going through it with my son.

You should receive a letter in December from UMKC School of Medicine stating that your application is being reviewed and that in early January 2013, they will let you know if you will be invited for an interview.

Good luck.

I completed my application by October 15 (the early interview notification deadline) and I was wondering how and when I will be notified of my interview status. I know the website says mid-December, but does anyone have a specific date? Also, are they sent via mail, email or phone?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

^ Someone said December 17th

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know how the admissions office will contact/notify me?

No idea. I’m waiting on a notification also. Hopefully we’ll see each other at interview time!

Applied last year. Should get your interview status by December 15th (that’s when mine was) via email

anybody get E-mail?

absolutely nothing as of yet. Notify on here please:

<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1424359-**-md-interview-notification-class-2013-a-2.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1424359-**-md-interview-notification-class-2013-a-2.html&lt;/a&gt;

I can see from the nature of this thread that many people are anxious. I am no different.
Hello CC. I am a BS/MD Hopeful in the state of New York. I have received acceptance letters from UMKC and St. Bonaventure. However, I have also applied to their BS/MD programs along with the following colleges. It would be really helpful to get a chances thread going in order to plan for the next few months. Thank you so much to anyone who replies. I will do the same.
University of Alabama- Birmingham
University of Connecticut- Storrs
University of Illinois- Chicago
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (AMC)
Virginia Commonwealth University
Howard University
Case Western Reserve University

ACT:32
UW GPA: 3.6
7 AP Classes, the rest are honors
Good letters of Recommendation and Essays.

EC’s:
Varsity Tennis All Conference Selection
Chamber Orchestra- 2nd Chair
Science Olympiad- State Medalist
Scholastic Bowl Team
Modern Music Masters Inductee
Orchestra Executive Board- Secretary
National Honors Society- Secretary
Debate Team Varsity Member
Business Club- Vice President

Medical Experience:
200 + Hours Physician Shadowing
50 + Hours Hospital Volunteering
Coordinated Medical Camps in poor rural areas of India with doctors willing to volunteer for my cause. We were able to reach out to 1,700 children over the course of 5 weeks.

UIC is only for Illinois residents…

I applied before Oct. 15th, OOS. anyone get any emails yet? I called and they said it should come this week!

i applied before oct 15th…still waiting. butterfli what are ur stats?

32 ACT, 4.0 GPA unweighted, 8 AP Classes
tons and tons of EC
100 hours hospital
50+ shadowing
random medical stuff

I know i have a pretty low chance as OOS w/those stats, but hey, it’s worth a shot!

I am new in here . Applying for 2013 on Nov 1st. From Southern Cal ( OC ). Is OOS invited for interview on later part of the process ?

Hope that I would get invited for interview. Pretty low SAT ( 1850 ), GPA 3.75/ 4.6 Wt. 11 AP classes. EC pretty good for Med ( Clinical care Internship 200 hrs at St Mary Medical Center in Long Beach, 100 hrs shadowing with Pain management Doc, 100 hrs with Radiologist, Attended Stanford Medical school’s Biomedical research Lectures Series for 3 wks over last summer, American Cancer Society 's relay for Life board committee 2 yrs, Hope for Life club founder/ president in my high school, NHS, Key club, Red cross club, Certified CPR…)
DO you guys think I have a chance for interview ?

butterfli, where are u from? and what kind of medical ecs do u have, if you dont mind?

Is it just me, or is this application pool really competitive this year? Maybe that is why it is taking the UMKC SOM longer to decide this year…

Im from PA and medical ecs…like watching open heart surgeries, attending summer seminars, mostly.