UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Hey guys, my name is Ankush Kamboj and i’m from Los Angeles, California. I got into UCLA but always had that passion for medicine…so i decided to pursue UMKC’s 6 year program.

1. solid 786- Baltimore, MD, male. AIM: live like ali 72
  2. villageidiot- Chicago, IL, female.
  3. otacon88 - Overland Park, KS, male. AIM: LancerEvo26
  4. A1987- Chicago, IL AIM: Snowflake876
  5. powerofprocrastination- Overland Park, KS, male. AIM: sleepyazn111
  6. mst54c- female, St. Louis, MO. AIM: RuudistheMan
  7. ankudude-male-Los Angeles, CA, AIM: Ankudude

oh yeah and AIM me anytime you would like if you wanna talk about the program or maybe on what date peeps are going to orientation…i’m scheduled for July 21st…i hope to see you kids there

do i need to get a computer for umkc? or are on campus computing resources enough? if so, is it really necessary to get a laptop?

(I would prefer to wait a year to get a computer)

I’m going too!

5. powerofprocrastination- Overland Park, KS, male. AIM: sleepyazn111
  8. strwbryblondie06- Lenexa KS. female. (no AIM)

can’t wait to meet you guys. It should be great :slight_smile:

mm i am scheduled for the june 17th orientation. perhaps that can be another addition to this list.

5. powerofprocrastination- Overland Park, KS, male. AIM: sleepyazn111. Orientation: June 17th
  1. solid 786- Baltimore, MD, male. AIM: live like ali 72. Orientation: June 17th
  5. powerofprocrastination- Overland Park, KS, male. AIM: sleepyazn111. Orientation: June 17th

Hey all – got a call from Mary Anne Morgenegg on Thursday, she told me I was accepted to the 6-yr program off of the waitlist (!) – out-of-stater, from near Chicago.

However, I’ve already decided to go to another BS/MD program, so hopefully someone else gets the opportunity. Good luck to you all!

did anyone get their financial packet thing yet?

1. solid 786- Baltimore, MD, male. AIM: live like ali 72. Orientation: June 17th
  9. np11788 - Orange County, CA AIM:np11788

I just got in off the waitlist and I am so happy!!! I look forward to seeing you guys in the fall! My AIM is chlorinehigh. IM me!

Congratulations! I look forward to meeting all you awesome people in the fall…or on June 17th.

Has anyone gotten any information yet?? About housing, financial aid… anything?

Yes, today I got financial aid info. A week or 2 ago I got info for the 17th orientation. I haven’t looked through the mail to see what is included in the mailing, but that’s what I’ve been told.

i got the info for the 17th orientation but still haven’t received anything about money, which is unfortunate because i’ll be giving them a lot in the next 6 years.

Hi, I just joined this place and it is absolutely awesome. I am getting ready to start my senior year in high school and the 6 yr. med program at UMKC is my #1 school I want to get accepted to. I got a 29 on the ACT. I have a 3.9 GPA. I’m an in-state resident. What do you guys think my chances are? and i was wondering what are your schedules like? How many days a week do you have classes and how many in a day? well this site is a lifesaver, I’m glad to have found it.

I would say your ACT needs to be raised by quite a bit. Is your GPA weighted or non weighted? If it’s non weighted then you want to have quite a few honors/AP classes, as many as you can handle. For example, my senior year I was enrolled in 6 APs, 4 junior year, 1 sophomore year, and for the earlier years, instead of APs I had honors classes. It’s hard to get in, but your instate status means you have a big advantage.

Verdict? Improve that ACT and you should be fine if you’ve challenged yourself in high school.

Yeah, I’m retaking the ACT and I am in tons of AP class, pretty much all that are offered. The grades aren’t rated and our school doesn’t offer honor classes. Thanks for the advice!

Hi, I’m going to be a junior and I’m really interested in UMKC. What do you guys think my chances are (i’ll keep it short):

4.4 weighted-3.9 unweighted
class rank- 13/299
projected 2250
PSAT: 216 as sophomore, projected 225-230 as junior
ACT: projected 32-33

AP’s 11th and 12th grade (cant take them in 10th):
all

EC’s
varsity debater
Science Olympiad vice pres.
Science Olympiad 1st place districts
Academic Team JV 1st place state
1st stand Symphonic Orchestra
Eagle Scout
2 time Junior Academy of Science “Associate of the Academy” award
varsity cross country
research at Washington University in St. Louis on malaria; researching Parkinson’s disease this summer
100-150 hrs. hospital volunteer
Red Cross volunteer(Measles and Malaria initiative)
going to Africa or India next summer w/ Red Cross
etc.

as long as you live in missouri and write/interview decently, i like your chances…a lot.

Thanks. Yeah, I do live in MO; knowing that you’ve been through the whole process and you are going to UMKC this fall, what do you think is the one single thing you want to convey to the interviewers at the interwiew? Also, what is the one or few strong points you want to show you are commited to?