UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Im regional and was waitlisted.
Will i get notified when im no longer on the waitlist.

if anyone had an interview yet can you let us know what it was like

Hey @nerdgal123, see my prior posts:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19341227/#Comment_19341227

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21168108/#Comment_21168108

first round between y’day and today. Can’t wait for my DS in 2nd round.

if you went to an interview, can you let us know what kind or moral questions they asked?

Hey @nerdgal123, sorry, but just like in previous years, applicants are not to post specific MMI questions/topics in the thread from their UMKC BA/MD interview day, esp. as it would disadvantage one interviewing group over another, since each separate interview day is a repeat of the previous day. Any posting of actual interview questions or of MMI scenarios from the UMKC BA/MD interview day in the thread will be automatically deleted by College Confidential moderators (not me).

Here are some medical ethics/bioethics topics for practice:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/19258778#Comment_19258778

Thanks, @Roentgen. You have enough on your posts for our kiddos to get a feel of topics and procedures, while we parents try to wrangle the logistics, which you also try to help us with. Hopefully, my D will have time to look at your posts before her interview in a coupla weeks!!

My DC’s coach helped us for several BS/MD interviews and so far he has been on the money with the types of questions DC was asked.

We’re hoping the same will hold for UMKC next week. Good luck to everyone interviewing.

@Rainiertx If you coming on Monday certainly we are there as well.

how’d yo guys feel about the test? Was it difficult. Also how long are the chem courses over the summer?

Also, when did you guys who are already in have your orientation? I am traveling this summer so I wanted to know.

You’ll be fine on test, basic stuff, so no need for summer classes!

DS feels hopeful with interview, can’t wait until 3/24. 3 different Orientations will spread out in June so pick your best option once you are accepted.

i am currently a junior and I m interested in umkc 6 years program however my ACT score is 28 because I just came to the USA 3 years ago however my GPA is 4.278 and ranked second out of 600 students. I volunteer in a hospital and I shadowed doctors for about 20+ hours and I speak 3 languages. Do you think I have a chance to get accepted even without 32+ ACT score?
Thanks much

@Mohamed731 no one can chance you and say definitely one way the other. However my take is simple you still have opportunities take ACT before you start application in coming fall and bump that ACT as much as you can. You may want to go though article at http://med.umkc.edu/bamd/admission-requirements-eligibility/ and see yourself where you stands.

@PPofEngrDr we had a great experience at UMKC. Hope you did as well :slight_smile: … GL

@Rainiertx yes we did and this is our last hope for any BS/BA/MD program. Noticed that you are having interview with few other places as well, GL to you and one of them should click eventually.

3/24? I thought its end of March or by April 1.

Hello! I am an in-state high school sophomore, and the UMKC 6 year program is my first choice. I wanted to see if anyone would maybe look at my stats and experiences and let me know what my chances are for admission?

ACT: 28 ( Score received as a freshman, taking again in April )
GPA (unweighted): 3.83
(weighted): 4.14
Courses:
6 Dual credit hours through a university
*School does not offer more than three AP classes
Planning on taking IB Chemistry HL and Psychology SL next year
Top 7% of my graduating class (so far)

Leadership/Activities:
Girl Scouts Silver (51 hours) and Gold Award (80 hours) Recipient
Philharmonic Orchestra Member
Church’s Volunteer Coordinator (40 hours)
Rachel House Summer Intern (43 hours)
Volunteer at Church’s Food Pantry
A+ Program Member (50 hours)

Medical Experiences:
Summer Shadowing of a General Surgeon (30 Hours)
Medical Mission Trip with an Opthalmology Team (8 Days)
(Applied, not accepted yet) UMKC Summer Scholars Program

Thank you so much for your help! I really hope to get in.

@PPofEngrDr Thank you! DC received acceptance to RPI’s Physician-Scientist program with Albany Med recently so we are very excited. We still have several interviews including Case PPSP and NJMS. We have been very blessed to have the right guidance. GL!