UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

Nice to see you help students… thats very great of you. Wanted to see your research and opinion on DO vs MD, there are guaranteed DO programs as well.

1 Like

Here is the message … i posted on another thread… copied here…

==============
This is what i told one of the “prospective students”
To begin with … it’s newer than MD so it will take time.
First difference is “perception”. Many bigger institution/hospitals have 1/2 to 20/30 MD… which means opportunities more for MD
Second reputation
Third “international” opportunities

And finally as you may have noticed… the bar for MD (is higher w.r.t. grades/cutoffs) than DO … so it’s relative comparisons too.

As someone suggested , many DOs do select Primary care in residency (and profession)

Is it fair… may not be … but IMO that’s what it is. (The closest real life example, i can give is… Bill Gates was a dropout but was successful than many MBAs but still many MBAs get recognized than dropouts… hope this make sense)

I will still choose DO
(if someone is deadbeat on becoming a Doctor) but you got to be prepared for it.

1 Like

Sorry , i don’t know … why some stuff are in “bigger or brighter”…

Didn’t mean to Yell/rude… no idea. :slight_smile:

I wish they allow messages to be edited…

:slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

so it could come out tomorrow :eyes:

Not sure… may be thursday?

1 Like

UMKC interviews came out. But the portal does not have the links to choose the date of interview.

1 Like

deleted

I got the email too, but you have to go to the ba/md application website and upload a picture of yourself before you can pick a day.

No email for me yet…

just got an email

have rejections come out?

not sure, i got the email for the interview invite

Just got an interview email also

Thank you for your support … I did get an interview

2 Likes

i think they’re doing the emails randomly, but not 100% sure

Thank you, that was great observation, my son got it and we did notice that interview date was not selectable until we uploaded photo.

1 Like

Could you please provide your son’s stats

are you fro missouri

Very happy for you… just relax and enjoy

Good luck