UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

My son from IL ,he was waitlisted
What is the chance to get interview ?
How many do they waitlist

@Roentgen @cheer2021 or anyone else do you have any interview tips?

There is an info webpage from UMKC on the Council of Selection and what they look for, and also there is an “Info for Parents” webpage also has info on Interviews - do’s and don’t.
Also including a CC thread below for more info. Good luck.
https://med.umkc.edu/bamd/council/
https://med.umkc.edu/bamd/parents/

I got a waitlist - any advice on how to get off - or how many people are on the waitlist?

It appears 350 are called out for the interview. No idea how many are on the interview waitlist. You may search this thread or the previous year’s BSMD CC thread for info on the interview waitlist.
You can send a letter of intent (LOI) to your counselor@UMKC unless the school specifically requests that no additional documentation or letters be sent. You can also send an application update - a quick summary of any accomplishments you have achieved in between your application send date till current date. UMKC encourages the student to contact the Office of Admissions with questions about the application and application process. You can ask them the same question on Interview Waitlist. You can prepare in advance for the interview, anticipating the interview (UMKC or other BSMDs). Can’t think of anything else you do at this point.
IMO, the interview waitlist does move, especially for UMKC BAMD with 100+ seats, but no idea to what extent they move. Good luck.

Hey! This should help. I’m assuming the MMI is what is still being done. Click on the arrow pointed up to see the full post for each one.

Toledo Chemistry Exam:

Interview Dress Code:

Multiple Mini Interview:

Traveling from Outside Missouri:

UMKC: in-person or virtual interviews?

Virtual

Thanks. Are they still going to ask students to take ‘TOLEDO CHEMISTRY EXAM’?

yes

Did you guys already get confirmation emails after you signed up for a date?

Do you have experience of how many people may decline an interview out of that 350?

no i didn’t

thank you so much! sorry didn’t see that earlier.

Don’t know. You may ask UMKC admin office this question. Since most BSMD decisions aren’t out yet, I assume at this point the folks who have accepted ED offers some where else might be the ones declining the interviews. A small population may be declining interviews because they change their mind (cost of attendance, or location or they got many other bsmd interviews or whatever the reason). You need to research around CC past admission cycles threads to see if anyone pulled the numbers those you were looking for.

Our D got UMKC rejected (OOS anyway the odds were low and it was our lotto ).

Good luck to all those accepted… and those who have missed your invite… dont lose heart… there are multiple opportunities (you have come so far don’t lose hope)

Cheers

3 Likes

Well said Rali_Jan, our best wishes to you and your D. Motivated, hardworking, focussed students will get in a MD or DO in one path or the other. There are lot of avenues, opportunities!

4 Likes

Sorry missed this question.

Regional has around 20-30 seats so you should have better shots (but worst than local as they have around 60 seats) … but none can say it for sure when you will get.

Honest answer is… with all interviews virtual, you may NOT even know the persons interest…

So keep your options open.

Good luck

1 Like

Yes, you should see within few days of picking a date.

Anyone know of some good interview prep organizations that do practice interviews online?