UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

They really look at your stats and character equally. If you get called in for an interview it’s bascally 90 percent up to your personality and how passionate your are. Don’t worry about stats too much; an ACT score is the most important thing on the application (although it is pretty important). And on the note of being worried … I am very worried too, lol. I agree with all of you guys, ihave a love-hate relationship with school. Good luck to all of you guys!

P.S. I was just thinking … wouldn’t it be funny if the admissions people read this site every once in a while.

aww man visali…it’s OKAY (just remind me that in April :P)…breatheeeeee!

that would be funny if they got on here. then they would see who much we freak out and worry. i bet only being 16 has to do something for you V. They’ll be like *man she’s already for college and she can barely drive!" that shows how dedicated you truely are and i think that they will see that, no matter what your stats are.

is anyone else addicted to this site…?

i am. i get on here everyday.

me too. i always check the site when i go on the internet.

when are you all sending the app?

prolly around early Nov. (after SAT and ACT)

i already sent my app.

hey did u use the online application for umkc or did u write it out and send it via mail?

i filled out the online one for regular undergrad but for the som i printed it out and mailed it.

is there only one essay for the umkc program?

As far as i know. unless they want you to do more before ur interview i dont think so.

what do you write about for these essays?

WAIT, tiedyetabi from SOM essay, did you just print your essay from you computer and just attached it to the application or do you have to cut and past it to fit the space provided.

attached (i haven’t sent it but that’s waht admissions said :] )

is this the same for other paper applicaitons?

yup as far as i know and have checked

i just wrote it in the blank. I thought it would add a more personal touch than typing it would. im sure u can do it anyway though.

My interviewer at UMKC last year suggested I type my essay instead of write it (and I have good handwriting, he admitted). It may or may not make a difference – though, if you have doubts as to whether your handwriting is legible, type it.

That said, I did write mine, and I was eventually accepted. So it’s not a make-or-break thing.