UMKC 6-year BS/MD Program

the minimum gpa requirement is a 3.0 for science gpa (should be fine if u don’t slack during ur school years)

other schools include northwestern’s hpme, brown’s plme, rice/baylor’s med program, ohio state’s med program, penn state’s pmm, slu’s med scholar’s program, ucsd’s med scholar’s program (for california peeps only)…

Hey everyone, this is my first time using this site. I’ve already applyed to UMKC’s six year program and have been accepted to their undergraduate school. Anyone know the average statistics of those who are accepted? Anyone else applying for the class of 2012 or I guess 2014? thanks

umkc doesn’t require an MCAT score? I am applying to the 6 year UMKC program also as an out of stater. How competitive is the out of state pool for this program?

sharigan,

thanks for your response. if I have a 31 or 32 ACT and a 2150 SAT, which score should be sent? How competitive is the out of state pool for this program?

What if one doesn’t have too many medical ECs. Only in junior did I seriously want to be a doctor. I tried getting into some volunteer things, but none have allowed me to join. They are always full. What are you thoughts on this?

Also how many people are accepted into this program from instate and out of state?

keep trying to get more medical EC’s, it looks really great. And the admissions officers aren’t going to look at “I tried but it was full” the same as “physician shadowing” or volunteering at a hospital.

I believe you are trying a lot, but try even more. Call hospitals, private practices, clinics, etc. Even if you want to be a surgeon, volunteering in a physical therapy place, or even a therapeutic riding center or something looks better than nothing.

Thanks. I have a few ECs so I hope they are okay. But yes I will try more. Thanks!!!

I just sent in my UMKC app today! Does anybody know approximately when interview notifications come out for out-of-staters?

well I dunno about ur class, but the out-of-staters for the class of 2013 weren’t that competitive. I would send in ur act cuz umkc and the other midwest schools prefer the act over the sat.

Interview notifications don’t come out for a while…wait until like january, cuz that’s when i got mine and i’m oos…

Hey guys,

Is the application for the program online? I found the packet, but nothing that allows us to apply online…

Nothing that I found online. You have to print off the packet and send it in. Hurry up though, as deadline is November 15th.

I thought it has to be sent by the 15th, does it have to be received by the 15th, as well?

I don’t know for sure. Call them I guess?

please tell me I’m not the only one freaking out about applications being due in a matter of DAYS. I wasn’t really nervous until this morning when everything hit me and now I’m really concerned about chance of getting in.

If I don’t get into the 6-year program, I’m definitely doing MU’s Conley Scholar’s Program. Anyone else trying for that?!

What are everyone else’s backups?!?! Can you tell I’m freaking out?!?!

if I lived in Missouri I’d try for it

to anyone who is in UMKC: does UMKC have a pass/fail basis in medical school, or are there grades (A,B,C,D)?

I am speaking to you as a first year and we have a medical course that is pass/fail…the rest are (A,B,C,D,F) graded.

Yeah, I’m a first year too. Our pass fail courses (besides the stupid seminar classes) don’t start until we begin taking the human structure function series in the spring semester of year 2. Before that , literally all our course are graded because we’re still doing our BLA required courses. All BLA courses later on (after we start structure function) are still graded (A,B,C,D,F). haha I think I know who mom10125 is…
Hope you’re having a great break!

To anyone who is attending is attending UMKC: are the undergraduate and medical studies at UMKC year round? If so, when would the students get breaks from this program?

thanks for your help!