UMN Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Release Date: By Mar 31

nope - the only thing there is a loan…:frowning:

And are you thinking you “should” get something too?? I don’t know what the stats are for merit but would be surprised if I didn’t have them for a little something

Yes, I was top 10% as well with a 3.9 unweighted GPA and pretty good extracurriculars, so I’m expecting to get at least some Merit Aid. But at this point, I just don’t know if I should keep waiting or not.

for context, i got merit aid, 3.74 W GPA at time of applying, SAT-optional, top 25%, good ecs for my major + did optional essays

got presidential and nationals scholar, $8k a year total

1 Like

Deferral applicants – did you hear back from the U about your status update?

1 Like

@mynameisjennny - zero, nada, bubkis… crickets!!

Did she apply RD?

Yes

nothing yet and it looks like he will have made a decision on where he’s going by the time he does hear back. 80% sure Florida State

For folks waiting on Merit…I had a wonderful discussion with a freshman admission rep the other day. I called to ask about Merit. Could they tell me if I was considered and passed up or just not considered yet? The first person was giving me the party line but then when I said my stats and was surprised I didn’t get merit…they transferred me to someone else (super helpful) - pulled up my application and said hold tight…something should still be forthcoming. There were no promises but I did get the sense I would get something for sure. Merit STILL going out all through March so there is hope for those that have not heard!!

4 Likes

I just got into the UMN Twin Cities Honors Program for CLA on 8th March 2021. How competitive is it like how many typically receive such an offer and can the education be considered a top-tier education?

Are you instate?

no international

Why is UMN waiting until the last minute to reject me? If it’s a no then just tell me instead of keeping my application in limbo until the very last date :rage:. I’ll be fine with it. I wish schools wouldn’t prolong decisions.

deleted

they’re a rolling admission school, therefore the later you apply the longer it can take to hear back. They took forever to let me know I got in so don’t worry I am sure you’ll get in.

Really disappointed. Waitlisted

What does S21 or D21 mean? Is it the year of high school graduation.?
Sorry iam new to this.

My son is accepted to comp science on Feb 15th.International .

Son wants to apply for housing. But since we did not hear abt merit we r not yet decided on UMN twin cities.
So can we still go ahead and apply for housing.

Thank you.

according to cc language, its son/daughter and class of '21

1 Like

Yes,S21 and D21 is CC speak for Son/daughter graduating high school in 2021 :laughing:.

If you think U of M is one of your top schools you are better off paying the non-refundable $50 or whatever the housing deposit. Good Luck!

1 Like