Unable to Take Reported College Courses

So I’m in a bit of a bind. I recently submitted my MIT and UC applications, and on those, I say that I’m planning to take a particular math course during the spring semester. However, the community college I was going to take these courses at just released its spring schedule and that class is now in-person in the middle of my school day, so there’s no way I can take it. What should I do? Do I email MIT and UC and say I can’t take the course? Do I take another course instead or maybe this same course at a different location? Do I do nothing?

Yes. Although some UC campuses don’t make changes to the academic record, you’ll at least have made the attempt.

If you’re remaining schedule is rigorous, there’s probably no need to replace the course. But if it drops your rigor, you probably should replace.

1 Like

What is the math course? Can you take this course at another location of the community college? How many locations have you checked? Online? Though UC Scout? At another school? During the summer? Is this class required for admission to a specific major or placement within a major? Before you send an email saying “my plan didn’t work” consider a backup plan and all the ramifications. The college is probably to not going to care where you take the course.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.