UNC Chapel Hill Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at UNC Chapel Hill is October 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 31. Last year, UNC Chapel Hill admitted 7,949 of the 28,322 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 28.07%. For more information visit the The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other UNC Chapel Hill applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill? Why UNC Chapel Hill? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other UNC Chapel Hill topics visit the the-university-of-north-carolina-at-chapel-hill tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about UNC Chapel Hill Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

2 Likes

What are the possibilities for “admission decision by January 31?” In the past, have EA for UNC-CH students heard earlier in January? Any chance for December? Asking because some ED responses are due by the end of December. Any past comparisons appreciated.

It’s not going to come before mid to end of January. Two years ago it was Friday, January 24th. This past year it was Wednesday, January 27th.

5 Likes

Received a legacy letter from UNC-CH today indicating “Last year we offered admission to 52 percent of the in-state children of alumni who applied and 43% of the OOS children of alumni who applied…” So your OOS chances are definitely better as a legacy candidate.

2 Likes

Yes legacy makes a tremendous difference at UNC OOS. Brings acceptance rate from 14 percent to in state levels.

Received a letter from office of scholarship and financial aid saying all documents are complete and they would contact me with aid offer if offered admission

2 Likes

I mean an email on Friday

are you instate or OOS? we(OOS) haven’t received any mail

OOO and applied EA

I mean OOS and EA

I think it is just a matter of getting to each person as they complete verifying the documents

Thanks. Portal shows all the documents are received. Last 2 EA applications (UNC chapel and UMICH) are pending for us.

I also applied to UMich. When you say pending you mean you are awaiting decisions

that’s correct. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting…we got a legacy letter from UVA two weeks ago that was clearly designed to manage expectations downward. It used to be the case that legacy apps were treated as a tier around/just below IS applicants…the current mindset seems very different there - They noted that legacy applicants were admitted at above-average rates, but noted that this was because of the strength of those applications…implying that there really is no inherent legacy advantage at UVA now. This is somewhat in keeping with the Ivies, who came under quite a bit of pressure in the past 15 or so years to eliminate family legacy treatment that was purported to be inherently racially biased.

2 Likes

Does anyone have experience with the Business college being away from main campus? Is it an inconvenience freshman year and beyond… it’s a concern for my D and wondering if someone familiar can comment if it’s a legitimate concern. Thank you!

2 Likes

If you’ve already received an ED acceptance, you are bound to that and supposed to withdraw all other applications.

Youll likely not take many at the school of business espwcially until soph.junior year. Youll need prereq to apply and even then its difficult to be accepted. Theres only one prereq bus and its 1/2 a sem i believe. Others are econ.math.stats even if accepted assured admission youll need these. GL

1 Like

Thank you! So if my D plans to major in marketing that may be something she can’t do? I don’t understand why risk being educated in your preferred field? Why would anyone not direct admit enroll? Especially a higher star student with many options. If you can’t major in your preferred field why go there if you have other good options right? Maybe I’m missing something. Sorry I am often easily confused. Haha!

2 Likes