University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

By any chance, did your daughter take foreign language classes in middle school? UD looks for at least 2 years of world language in high school. This happened to my daughter and I notified the admissions counselor and they granted her acceptance.

1 Like

Has anyone else not yet heard from UD? D23 applied on 10/13 and has not received a decision.
Our high school sends quite a few kids every year, and no one with D’s stats has ever been denied from her high school (if SCOIR is right), but the radio silence over here is making her nervous.

Mine applied early September and hasn’t heard back.

1 Like

What’s her major?

She took 2 years of French in High School.

Landscape Architecture

1 Like

My D applied 9/25 heard back from UD on 11/11. Her friends all applied right before or after have not heard back. 2 of her friends have exact same stats as my D. The kids we know from a private prep school also have not heard a peep. Same scenario w Penn State. it’s causing a lot of angst around here.

1 Like

This is why I prefer when schools do a one day rollout of acceptances. Personally mine is over it with UD for this reason.

2 Likes

Yes, in the acceptance letter they said January

Same scenario here and it’s driving us crazy! Applied 10/16 and radio silence here with both schools. In the meantime “everyone” and I may include w lower stats are getting in! Those are her top 2 choices too. Hoping to hear before the new year at this point. The pain is real! Especially on Friday evenings :weary:

3 Likes

Sorry. Need to add she has NOT heard back from UD.

Haven’t heard back either
. Finance major

On,y about 1/4 of colleges have rolling admissions.

She can definitely reach out and see if it’s major or something else. My daughter had a similar issue to the one mentioned with foreign language. There was an easy way to appeal the decision and add more info. She was then accepted (but not into a limited major).

The release of decisions is only once per week. I am still waiting and hopeful. There is also demographics, and my understanding is that in state is not competing with out of state students and international students. When you add major to the mix it becomes complicated. This is across the board, and not specific to UD.

1 Like

My daughter applied for Psych

We are OOS state. She knows a couple of kids from her school that have already been admitted (both with what she believes are probably lower stats), but I have no idea what majors.

The waiting is hard!

We haven’t heard. I underestimated how stressful the waiting would be

3 Likes

Mine applied under business and we didn’t really there was a math requirement of pre calc which she didn’t have. So not sure what will happen!

3 years of math is minimum. 4 is recommended for Business, but it does not say it’s mandatory.

Additional Recommendations for Specific Academic Programs:

2 Likes

Thank you. She does have 4 years of math but the last year she did stat (does that count as math lol)

1 Like