University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes

Hi there, my D23 had a complete application on 10/28 and has not heard back yet. She is in the same situation. The majority of students from her high school are accepted, and no one with her stats ever denied. We use Naviance instead of SCOIR. I’m wondering if it makes a difference per major. She selected Biological Studies as her 1st choice, Chemistry second.

Hello, can anyone speak to how reliable Naviance or SCOIR are when looking at the students high school stats for a particular university? We’ve been using it as a guide, but wondering if it’s accurate.

My daughter just heard at 5pm that she was accepted. She also applied at the VERY end of the EA deadline - 10/31! No news on merit scholarships yet - just an acceptance. The rest of the schools she applied to won’t release their decisions until the end of January and the end of March, so it was nice to get one acceptance before the holidays! Props to UDel for rolling out their acceptances instead of waiting for a particular day!!

5 Likes

Same here!! Son just heard and got accepted!! Got a text for a status update!

Major : finance
OOS
Test optional
Gpa : weighted 3.64
Lots of EC’s - 2 varsity sports (captain), treasurer of DECA, pt work, NHS
4 AP’s/9 honors

6 Likes

Daughter accepted

OOS D23 applied 10/28 for Biology
4.0/4.4
ACT 34
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
5 APs (rest of classes in Junior/Senior year were CHS)
ECs – captain varsity XC and track-state recognition, varsity soccer, soccer coach for urban youth league, NHS, meal prep for city mentoring program, dental shadowing, part time job working 15-18 hours/week, more leadership roles in school activities, lots of volunteer hours
I do think her CC essay was good, it went through a couple of different teachers for edits, but who knows.

Her friends accepted as well with lower stats

4 Likes

Still waiting over here
 OOS applied to engineering school

D23
Accepted 12/2
Applied 10/5
Major: Nursing
GPA: 4.26 W, 3.86 UW
8 APs/ 7 Honors
School does not rank (private school)
ACT: 34
OOS

4 Likes

I can only speak from my experience but I think a lot has to do with major. My daughter got accepted last year with a ton of merit - don’t recall exact amount - as an education major. She had a 92 GPA, non rigorous schedule at all, so much so that she didn’t take a math higher than algebra (she took accounting and economics after Alg). She also did not take language. UDel actually reached out to our HS to ask why she didn’t take language. She has an IEP and was exempt. So we granted permission to the guidance counselor to share that info with UD. This was on Dec 2nd last year and she got her acceptance about two weeks later - came on a Fri night. About a month later the merit package came and because she didn’t respond they reached out a second time with even more of a merit package. I believe it was because they have so few kids who want to go into education. Just my two cents.

4 Likes

My daughter got accepted into Business, in state, haven’t gotten financial award yet.

My daughter just received her acceptance package through good old snail mail. Kind of fun to get an acceptance the “old school” way. She still hasn’t received an email to check her portal, or anything.

OOS Psych major.

2 Likes

OMG just when we though we had their system figured out lol! Congratulations!

1 Like

You receive the acceptance package several days to a week after the decision appears in the portal.

1 Like

One thing I noticed with both Delaware and Ohio State is that the students from my D’s high school got their acceptances at the same time. Could be a coincidence but it doesn’t seem so

My daughter received Delaware and Penn State acceptance on 11/11. coincidence?! Maybe but strange. My D did not hear back from Ohio State last week. The two we know that were accepted into Ohio State have not heard back from Penn State yet and did not apply to Delaware.

Still waiting to hear for my dtr. Anyone else?

We are still waiting too. Maybe this Friday.

Still waiting

2 Likes

Yup and she applied in September.

1 Like

My daughter has heard from Penn State and Ohio State (both acceptances) but is still waiting on Delaware

4 Likes