University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter is still waiting too. She OOS and applied for Nursing

1 Like

Accepted 11/11 but still waiting on Honors. Anyone in same situation? Honors decisions expected when?

Same. Heard about a few getting into honors already but despite an early acceptance from UDel my Dtr still waiting on honors as well.

We are for my daughter as well.

Weā€™re still waiting too and losing our patience since this, and Penn State are my Dā€™s top 2. Havent heard from either of them and it feels like weā€™re the last. Applied 10/16, business. Both ā€œshouldā€ be safeties, but we keep 2nd guessing at this point. Very frustrating, especially to hear so many with lower stats getting in already. Would love to be able to breathe before the holidays. Does Del seem to be taking their sweet olā€™ time or is it just me? Maybe they are waiting for the kids who got ED to other schools to retract their application? I would love other peopleā€™s insight bc this is starting to affect us mentally at this point. Fridays are pure torture followed by disappointment. I hate this!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. I agree with you. I wish they would just do a one day release date. My daughter is also waiting to hear (business). Its not her top choice but its still frustrating and annoying not hearing anything and she applied in September!!

1 Like

This happened to an applicant last year, and when she called admissions, she discovered that she was missing a required high school course, like a foreign language, but there was a reasonable explanation for why she didnā€™t have it. I canā€™t remember the details, but if you look on last yearā€™s thread, youā€™ll find it. They ended up reconsidering and admitting her. With stats like your daughterā€™s , it definitely worth a phone call to admissions.

2 Likes

Son applied 10/1, admitted on 11/14. Major is business/sports management. 3.8 GPA, a few honors classes, no APs, 2 dual-enrollment college classes. Did not submit test scores. Lots of EC (3 varsity sports, DECA, Moot Court, interned for political campaigns, part time job).

Went for tour on 12/3 and loved it! Iā€™m relieved because he got deferred at his other top choice (South Carolina). Still waiting to hear from UMass, Rutgers and Tennessee.

7 Likes

Do you know students from her high school that were admitted already? For my D, it seemed all the kids from her HS who applied EA heard back last weekend. Iā€™m assuming maybe they have the same admissions counselor? Not sure

My daughter is still waiting to hear on Nursing, as well. She applied 10/9 and application was complete 10/14. Such a long process!

1 Like

I applied early action and got accepted but the honors decision has not been posted yet? Does anyone know when they post honors decisions or has anyone here gotten their acceptance/denial to the honors program already?

3 Likes

Congratulations! My son is a senior business/sport management major at UD. The Lerner business school is very highly regarded. Happy to answer any specific questions that you may have on the program via private message.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I canā€™t message you because your profile is private. But Iā€™d love some more info on available internships. Some of the other programs he applied to will give him the opportunity to work directly for the D1 teamsā€¦helping with their social media, managing equipment, doing player statistics. He really likes that aspect of it. Does Delaware do similar for their sports majors? The two students who did our tour were fantastic, but they were in other majors so couldnā€™t answer that. LOL

1 Like

The whole messaging thing is new to me so I sent you a private message. Afterwards I thought others might be interested in the response too.

There are many opportunities to work directly with the D1 teams. Part of the curriculum requires a 1 credit internship (120 hours) and a 9 credit internship (450 hours). My son was a manager of one of the D1 teams for the 1 credit internship. He worked for a minor league baseball team for the 9 credit one. Plenty of leads from UD for the 9 credit one.

Yes, some heard and some have not. I believe it is the same admissions officer for our whole county. Tomorrowā€™s another Friday so we shall see! Good news is that she got into Penn State yesterday so that eases some of the stress! Good luck!

3 Likes

sam here. Same school, same AO, some have heard some have not.

Another round of decisions today. I was wondering if anyone got rejected so far.

no rejection but still havenā€™t heard

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping it comes out today. Iā€™m not sure what time they normally come out. Nothing yet!