University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

Our OOS daughter received her UD Honors College acceptance letter almost three weeks after her admission to the University through the portal. Like her admission, the UD portal sent out an email to check for the Honors College. We are waiting for her merit scholarship award - it sounds like this notification will arrive after the new year. Good luck!!

3 Likes

Daughter was accepted in November. Merit package just came in and waiting to hear about Honors College.

Arts + Sciences- Presidential Scholarship 4x @ $15k. We are OOS.
4.3 GPA
9 APs, lots of honors/rigor courses
33 ACT
lots of ECs
Solid LORs

Good luck!
FAFSA aid still tbd

4 Likes

Congrats! How did you receive the merit package? Via portal or mail?

Oh, I just checked my son’s portal and the merit award was there for us as well! Same as yours, $15K per year Presidential Scholarship. He was admitted on Nov. 23, to Communications, 3.86 UW, 4.56 W, OOS, 18 (AP and Honors combined), great ECs, essays and LORs. Yay! Sill waiting on honors - fingers crossed.

6 Likes

Just checked my kids’ portal and the Merit Letter was posted today for both of them also.

1 Like

My DD received a letter in the mail today too with her merit award. It was exactly what we were expecting.

4 Likes

ugh. we only got 5K per year

1 Like

We got $2 a year :rofl: not a top school for us anyway but still

My daughter just got her merit letter today in the mail. $15K per year. Engineering. 4.0/4.8

3 Likes

10,000 yr. Probably not enough to entice since OOS already so high

My student got $9k/year for 4 years. NMSF. Really odd to me, but okay. Just received a full tuition scholarship from an EA college so UD is falling behind. Too bad.

1 Like

In state or OOS? If in state, very generous, if OOS, gpa/final test scores (I think before Covid, test scores counted most of all.

1 Like

OOS. 1540 SAT. NMSF. 103+% Weighted GPA.

It’s all good. She just can’t go there under those circumstances.

Just received merit aid offer
 Presidential Scholarship, 15K per year OOS. 4.65 weighted GPA, 32 ACT, strong essay and lots of ECAs. 4 APs, mostly honors classes.

Wow!!! That’s crazy as that would be a full ride at many schools!

3 Likes

Son just received a merit aid letter in the mail–Presidential Scholarship–15K per year! :smiley:
Wondering how many students offered the Presidential Scholarship are also accepted to the Honors College (my son’s goal). Does anyone know?

2 Likes

Hmm, uwgpa? After Covid my 3.98 33 act uwgpa got 15,000, my 3.7 30 act got $10,000 (2021 graduates). I predicted the 15,000, was surprised with the lower stats.

Daughter got the trustee -$17,00 a year, School of Engineering
102 weighted GPA
5 AP classes
6 college classes
1180 SAT

5 Likes

My son received the Destination Delaware plus the Provost Awards — total of $10k + $3k per year. He is out of state. 1540 SAT plus 4.13 GPA. I’m curious if any other students received two different awards. It seemed odd. I assume he met the criteria for the $10k but for some reason did not meet it for the presidential or trustee (because they could have given $13k per year as presidential per their charts). Makes me wonder what the criteria for presidential is. The calculator indicated $10k/year, so this amount is a bit higher.

1 Like

D23 received President’s, 15K per year. Accepted 12/9

OOS D23 applied 10/28 for Biology
4.0/4.4
[ACT] 34
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
5 APs (rest of classes in Junior/Senior year were CHS)
Lots of ECs

3 Likes