University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

haha-- I totally get that they “don’t” compare lists. But maybe they should–to avoid annoying alumni donors. Sounds like a good capstone computer science project to cross reference databases and build an appropriate algorithm

2 Likes

My older son is a 2022 UD graduate. We’re anxiously awaiting acceptance for my younger son. We found that UD is not overly generous with merit, which is similar to some other state schools. My older son was honored to be named a UD Distinguished Scholar and received about half tuition in merit. He absolutely loved UD and misses it! Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

Honors decision posted!!!

2 Likes

Would you mind telling us when you received the admissions decision v. honors decision as well as your major? Thank you! And congrats!

Initial decision Nov 4th. Honors 12/22. biomedical engg

3 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! We are so excited for my daughter

1 Like

My son was admitted to Honors today. His original decision was 11/23, Honors today 12/22. I was a little concerned as his merit was a bit lower than many here — but it all worked out I guess.

Congratulations

Congratulations! What major?

1 Like

My daughter got her admissions decision today (accepted - education). Guess they decided not to wait until Friday (or likely closed tomorrow). Portal said she would hear about merit (if any) in the new year.

2 Likes

Congratulations! We are still waiting.

1 Like

D23 got her acceptance today. Exercise science major

3 Likes

At least 2 of my Ds friends are still waiting. There is still time. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 Like

Meteorology & Climate Science

1 Like

DD accepted today! Really didn’t have good vibes this past week, waiting was playing tricks with my mind. She’s OOS Bio major. She started worrying she should have applied Undecided.

8 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks. Waiting is tough, but at the end the outcome matters the most. Hopefully by mid January most kids get their decisions. You can’t win it all, but so far my kid is happy with what he got so far.

1 Like

D23 accepted yesterday. Waiting on honors, and then waiting even longer on tuition exchange, which is the only way UD is going to happen (in-house merit not high enough). World Scholars looks like a great experience, by the way but D23 doesn’t love the idea of breaking up the first year, which makes sense to me. Would make more sense as a sophomore-junior experience.

1 Like

I agree with your daughter. The first year is so important for making friends because off-campus housing leases are signed by Oct for following year. Students can always study abroad during Winter Session which makes more sense to me.

I work at UD and OOS, that is the only reason I can afford to send twins there.

2 Likes