University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter received TE to UD last year. She was initially waitlisted for TE but was awarded it in May. I asked a lot of questions about the process and am happy to share what I learned.

3 Likes

Would love to hear your experience (as I’m sure would others)!

1 Like

Daughter has a similar gpa and oos as well. Did you receive merit info and do you mind sharing the amount?

Roughly similar stats (higher GPA), also OOS
15K/year. Still means UD will cost around $40k/year

UD typically receives around 250 applications for TE each year. They award 18 and put another 18 on the waitlist. According to TE rep, students are ranked based on stats. Top 18 receive the offer and next 18 added to waitlist. In my daughter’s case, UD was a top choice, so she committed prior to receiving notification of TE. For what it’s worth, she submitted a letter with her TE application letting them know what she loved about UD. She also sent a letter thanking them for her waitlist status and expressing her continued interest in UD. She also followed up when she accepted her offer of admission and expressed her continued interest in being considered for TE. Good luck to you–its a stressful process!

3 Likes

Also, DDs stats: 4.1 UW gpa, 4.6 weighted. 2 AP classes (small school, not a ton of APs offered) and the rest honors. 3 sport athlete for 4 years. Strong leadership. Test optional.

1 Like

That’s good info, thanks! My D23’s stats are similar, 3.98 UW (full IB diploma), but submitted a test, 33 ACT. Beyond that, lots of sports, extra curricular, and other things.

How does your daughter like UD? Do you remember when she found out she was waitlisted?

Definitely good advice on maintaining contact with admissions, I have stressed this with D23.

Thanks!

DiScho invitations typically come out first or second week in Feb so you never know.

1 Like

Hello,

D stats : 4.0 unweighted/ 1360 / trustee scholarship (17,000 / year) We are out of state so still pricey.

my D23 was accepted to honors too
what are the benefits? anyone have any experience with their honors college.

Good experience, nicest dorm in a great location, priority registration, advisor, some smaller classes, nice graduation ceremony. My daughter met most of her friends and current boyfriend in the honors dorm (although most ended up in different sororities).

1 Like

The honors dorms are just for the first year, correct?

My daughter also was accepted into the Food Science Major.

1 Like

Yes, my daughter moved off campus sophomore year so I’m not sure what the options are sophomore year. She and her boyfriend graduated a year early with AP credits accepted.

1 Like

Is it too late to apply for the honors program if you applied EA? My daughter did not indicate that she would like to be considered on her application. She received acceptance and merit in mid-Nov.

My daughter LOVES UD.

I believe we found out in late March that she had been waitlisted for TE. She was notified of the award in mid-May.

1 Like

What is TE? Sorry, that I missed what this is.

Tuition Exchange.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

My son submitted his application on 10/27 and his SRAR on 11/7, but we still haven’t heard anything. I thought we would by now, as this is his number 1 school. I’m hoping we hear this Friday. Anyone else not heard yet?

2 Likes

Still waiting here too

2 Likes