University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

So sorry you are going through this! This whole process is just brutal. Hope your daughter gets great news soon!

1 Like

My son applied university studies program with a second choice business undeclared. From what I read they continue to publish acceptance for EA through end of January. I’m sure your daughter will get in - this process is stressful though.

2 Likes

Did you check the portal and make sure it says early action and not regular? All this time I assumed mine applied early action and couldn’t understand why she hasn’t heard since she applied so early and had good stats. It wasn’t until yesterday that I looked and it actually says regular. Frustrating as you would think they’d still make a decision since the app came in so early. Like for what reason would someone apply in September and not want to hear back ?

1 Like

What was his original acceptance date? My son was admitted 11/18 with a presidential scholarship, but still waiting on honors decision.

2 Likes

he was admitted on 11/4. merit came before christmas and honors college letter was added on 1/6.

2 Likes

He was admitted on 11/4. He also got the presidential scholarship. Honors decision came on 1/6. Separate letter was added to his portal.

1 Like

a letter was added to his portal on 1/6. And if you scroll down on the portal main page to the honors info section it says “congratulations”

I’m a little confused. Last week my son’s portal populated with new buttons to view financial aid numbers. The linked financials sheet listed a trustee’s scholarship for him at $17K/year. It was like this for several days.

Today the buttons have disappeared and have reverted back to the ones he had prior to last week – it’s just a generic “learn about financial aid” button. Maybe it’s because he applied for a tuition exchange scholarship (parental employer program) so they’re re-assessing? Not sure what’s going on.

I’m wondering if anyone else had what appeared to be a financial aid offer only for it to disappear.

1 Like

Similar has happened for my son also. The financial aid link is no longer present.

1 Like

Can I ask what his stats are?

1 Like

I do know that Financial Aid can change due to Benefits (its states that on the website). I work there and receive tuition benefits for my kids, once it was processed all of my Finc Aid was taken away, including grants, and sub and unsub loans.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that all students are offered the federal loans in their names.

1 Like

Does anyone know how long it is to hear back once it says “awaiting decision” in the portal? I applied as an economics education major on 1/4.

1 Like

3 weeks or sooner

1 Like

My daughters has said that for about 3 months lol

2 Likes

It seems to be very variable with releases in waves. My daughter was lucky enough to be in one the first waves and got in about 3 weeks after submitting (EA).

2 Likes

Check your portals I got my financial info no email or anything

1 Like

so odd, my dd’s financial aid portal has been there and some things added this week and now the portal button is missing

2 Likes

My instate son applied EA and was asked to submit his mid term grades. He was also asked to move to test optional as his SAT was just below the average. It says he may not find out a decision until April but that’s ridiculous.
Anyone in this situation has heard back sooner?

My son’s application status page has a new note on it saying complete your application by January 15 for priority consideration. It is right under the application completion date. I assume that is on everyone’s since his has been completed since November. Is that true?

1 Like