University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’ve seen a couple of people be rejected or rejected into a specific program

1 Like

I’ve been told that merit at UDel is limited and usually just for very high GPA/stats students. Is this accurate?

I don’t know but I was given a trustee scholarship of 17000 per year and I had a 4.0 with test optional. So i wouldn’t say that.

2 Likes

Before TO merit seemed to be based on scores and gpa, I think gpa has become more important now.

1 Like

I agree I think they are looking more GPA which unfortunately didn’t fare well for my student. My OOS 4.0 weighted and 32 ACT and only got 10,000. Friend with an above 4.0 GPA but no test scores got 15,000.

2 Likes

I also think they count UWGPA since all schools weigh differently. My 3.9 UWGPA 34 act got $17,000, her sister during Covid had a 3.9/33 and got $15,000, my son 3.7/30 got $10,000 (I was surprised he got that much). UD was generous with AP/DE credit acceptance and my daughter started with 30 credits (and graduated in 3 years, saving $).

4 Likes

Good to know about accepting DE/ AP credits!

1 Like

anyone have experience with UD med scholars program ? D23 accepted to UD but unsure since we are practically local (oos but less than an hour away)…thinking med scholars program could sway her a bit.

1 Like

Delaware is top school for physical therapy

1 Like

In the virtual admitted students session tonight, they said all merit aid letters for those admitted in Nov and Dec have been sent. That makes me think D23 is not getting any merit aid (admitted 12/22), but I thought we would at least get some sort of notification of need-based aid (she should at least qualify for that minimum student loan). Has anyone received a financial aid package that contained the federal part and no merit? I’m just trying to figure out if we are still waiting for something or if she just isn’t getting anything. I will ask the school tomorrow, but figured someone here might have insight.

1 Like

Any merit and loan info was updated in my DS’s financial portal.

Her portal still has the big blue Learn About Financial Aid button next to the yellow Submit Your Deposit Today button, and a paragraph that says packages will be uploaded to portal when complete. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Makes sense to call
My DS blue square says “view your financial portal”
Best of luck

1 Like

It took more than a month for us to receive my daughter’s merit offer. She received both her admission and merit offer via snail mail. To this day, she has not received notification of either one via email. She did receive the initial notification that her portal had been set up, so it’s not an email address issue.

2 Likes

We’re in the same situation with my daughter who was also admitted on 12/22. We also thought she would have gotten some merit. On her portal their is no financial aid link either.

Hi all! We attended the Virtual Admitted Students Zoom tonight and I asked about Financial Aid in the chat since we’d sent the FAFSA Nov 1 and UD confirmed receipt. An admissions counselor messaged me back (via private chat in the zoom) asking name. She confirmed receipt and said we would hear in 1-2 weeks. For reference, my in state son was accepted Dec. 15.

2 Likes

My daughter got accepted into Learner school of Business, $1000 merit, the rest was FASFA! She is in state, honor student, GPA 3.81, in sports, National honor society. Very disappointed

1 Like

Was it for RD?

What did they talk about at the financial meeting

We live in PA and Pitt and Penn State almost never give merit to in state students.

2 Likes