University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

That happened to my daughter too. She applied in September and accidentally hit RD instead of EA! Was a long wait! Congrats!

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting you are the first person to receive the trustee and get into the honors college. I received the trustee as well and havenā€™t heard anything about my honors decision yet. I was accepted mid November as well. Youā€™d think if u got the trustee u automatically got into the honors. Idk what do others think

She is? I would think there have been others as well, but itā€™s hard to keep this thread straight with all the activity. My thought is that admissions, financial aid, and honors college are 3 separate offices that make decisions independent of each other.

My daughter got the Trustee and also got into Honors yesterday.

1 Like

Oh wow thatā€™s interesting

1 Like

Was it an email or did you check the portal to find out about honors accepatance?

It was Friday at about 7 PM, so I thought to check the portal, and thatā€™s where I saw it. In the portal it said that there was a status update on February 3. So they must do it at the same time they release the decisions (~Friday 5 PM). My daughter said she did not get an email. Good luck!

1 Like

Still waitingā€¦ applied jan 7ā€¦

My son was accepted in November, notified in January of the Trustee scholarship, and just tonight (2/10/23) was accepted into the Honors College.

3 Likes

Was it posted at 5pm? Still waiting in HC.

Also wondering about where it shows up in the portal - I assume if it there then itā€™s obvous . . .

Congrats! My D was accepted 9 weeks ago and we are still waiting for an Honors college decision. It says it will come by 2/15 but I kind of expected it to be here by now. She is a high stat kid with great ECs so it is kind of perplexing why they havenā€™t decided it already.

1 Like

How long is the wait for rd? And honors notification?

1 Like

In the portal, if you scroll down to where the Honors College banner is, previously it had said a decision would be made by Feb 15. Now it shows the message ā€œCongratulationsā€¦ā€ He checked his email around 5:30 tonight and there was a message saying there was a change to his status, to check the portal.

1 Like

Given their typical Friday release pattern I would have expected a decision today. The 15th is right around the corner but hard to believe they will release honors decisions over the weekend or not on a Friday.

3 Likes

Agreed!

My daughter is still waiting on an honors decision as well, I think maybe they are saving the denials till the deadline :pensive:

Has anyone been invited to Distinguished Scholars yet?

I believe those have been notified.

We just peeked at my daughters portal (she got in 2 weeks ago via regular decision). We are seeing merit in there but it says the financial information isnā€™t finalized or something like that and it would be finalized 2-3 weeks after acceptance. Happy to see some money, of course hoping it goes up a bit

1 Like